Right to see care plans = care homes

scared daughter

Account Closed
May 3, 2010
Hi

I have Court of PRotection for mum and asked to see her care plan and what medication she is on, shes slurring her speach and is very drowsey - her behavior has been VERY challenging.

The care home refused telling me I didnt have LPA

Any advice?

I am asking as I visit and she is dirty and often int he same clothes and other issues - I'm pretty worried x

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I can only think to write to the Care Quality Commission telling them your worries and that you have been refused sight of mum's care plans. There is a place on their website where you can report concerns.

Alternatively I would consult a solicitor to write a letter to either the care home or the head office asking for sight of the care plans.

I wonder if there is another family member blocking your sight of these?

xxTinaT

scared daughter

Account Closed
May 3, 2010
No there isn't only other family members is my sister who wants to see them and my grown up daughter who was with me when they refused.

Egeon

Oct 12, 2012
Hi

I have Court of PRotection for mum and asked to see her care plan and what medication she is on, shes slurring her speach and is very drowsey - her behavior has been VERY challenging.

The care home refused telling me I didnt have LPA

Any advice?

I am asking as I visit and she is dirty and often int he same clothes and other issues - I'm pretty worried x

When you say you have 'Court of Protection' what do you mean? Deputyship? and what sort if you do?