OK so...........

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
My OH had gone to bed as he was very tired at 9-30, I took advantage of having a couple of my choice of TV programmes till midnight, ..........bliss.

OK so .........I had inadvertently left a small mug on the sofa, and at 5-30am I was awoken by my Husband and given the 3rd degree as to why I left it there, completely over the top.

He said he had been worrying about it since 3 am.!!! What next?

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
It is one of the facets of the disease that very small unimportant matters can be blown up into worldwide vital importance. We must just smile and bear it, as best we can.

It must be so frustrating for you to have him say he worried about it from 3:00 am when he was sound asleep at 9:30 pm! I suspect there is an internal logic to his upset but it isn't evident. My mother would get upset by what seemed to be illogical things but sometimes, with very gentle questioning, I could get a sense of why the matter bothered her.

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
It is one of the facets of the disease that very small unimportant matters can be blown up into worldwide vital importance. We must just smile and bear it, as best we can.

It must be so frustrating for you to have him say he worried about it from 3:00 am when he was sound asleep at 9:30 pm! I suspect there is an internal logic to his upset but it isn't evident. My mother would get upset by what seemed to be illogical things but sometimes, with very gentle questioning, I could get a sense of why the matter bothered her.

Thankyou for your reply - I have noticed that he is becoming ultra sensitive to the way I stack the washing up, he will stand over me to "show" me the correct way! the way I put my shoes away in the rack, I mustn't leave my slippers by my bed in case I fall over them and so on. He thinks I and my daughter when she is with us are miserable if we are not smiling all the time, (he has that for sometime now.) Far from smiling I feel like screaming!!
I asked him why the beaker bothered him so much and he said if it had been full I would ruined the sofa.

I find I am second guessing myself and trying to be ultra careful not to give him anything to grumble about, I don't pretend to be perfect but it can be quite a strain trying to be!:(:(

paulineanna

Oct 25, 2013
west Lancashire
Thankyou for your reply - I have noticed that he is becoming ultra sensitive to the way I stack the washing up, he will stand over me to "show" me the correct way! the way I put my shoes away in the rack, I mustn't leave my slippers by my bed in case I fall over them and so on. He thinks I and my daughter when she is with us are miserable if we are not smiling all the time, (he has that for sometime now.) Far from smiling I feel like screaming!!
I asked him why the beaker bothered him so much and he said if it had been full I would ruined the sofa.

I find I am second guessing myself and trying to be ultra careful not to give him anything to grumble about, I don't pretend to be perfect but it can be quite a strain trying to be!:(:(

I know exactly what you mean, my husband shows me how to do things the "right way", and everything has to be laid up in the right place immediately, sees danger where there isn't any, like telling me he has put something down on the floor and don't fall over it - I'm not blind........ Today he thinks everyone in the house needs to be shown how to do things, our 2 daughters moved away a few years ago, there's only the two of us - we do live in the house where he grew up so maybe he thinks his family are here as well - who knows !!
As you say it can be quite a strain trying to do things that will not cause aggravation !!!

Jaffy

Oct 24, 2013
Ohio USA
So sorry to read here that my husband has two just like him! The one I live with is enough on this planet. So sorry. Jaffy