Talking all the time.... to himself!!

Lilibet1

Nov 19, 2012
Buckinghamshire
Hi there,
My OH Brian has started talking to himself constantly. He doesn't just chat he has full blown conversations to other people' he even tells jokes and laughs :D. This might not sound too bad but it worries me as he obviously sees people all the time.
We are having the CPN round for the first time on Monday as well. What can we expect from them and what type of help will they be able to offer?
If anyone can answer any of these queries i would be grateful (sorry this sounds like a letter but it's the best way i can write) Lillibet

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
I have this problem too. It started with his friend in the mirror (reflection) and now seens to have progressed to a lot of the time but not continuously, thank goodness. He doesn't tell jokes but has long conversations. I'm afraid I leave him to it, just putting in a word or two when it looks as though he might be talking to me which, to be honest, isn't that often these days unless it's abusive. I'm sorry I don't know what the answer is but as long is he is happy....... Would be glad to hear if anyone has an answer.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Talking Point mobile app

BR_ANA

Jun 27, 2012
Brazil
My mom had this problem too, she used to point to deceased relatives/pets or just strangers where there wasnt anyone

PatsyAnne

May 15, 2012
Milton Keynes
My husband does the same thing too. He talks to his reflection and the pictures and photos on the wall. He's actually more lucid talking to himself than he is when he talks to me. I've got used to it now but it did upset me when it started.

PatsyAnne xxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hi Lillibet my husband has just started talking to himself, but for sometime now he talks to people on the television he says they are talking to him, he tells me Bruce Forsyth has asked him to take his place on strictly come dancing, and Johnathon Ross has invited him on his show, all thiz was upsetting to start with but now l find it funny. Su h strange things happen with AD everyday brings something different we all seem to have the same problems pamann

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Talking Point mobile app

Lilibet1

Nov 19, 2012
Buckinghamshire
Hi Lillibet my husband has just started talking to himself, but for sometime now he talks to people on the television he says they are talking to him, he tells me Bruce Forsyth has asked him to take his place on strictly come dancing, and Johnathon Ross has invited him on his show, all thiz was upsetting to start with but now l find it funny. Su h strange things happen with AD everyday brings something different we all seem to have the same problems pamann

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Talking Point mobile app

Thanks for your reply. It made me chuckle to thing of Brucie asking him to do Strictly.
:eek: