Eric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
So Sorry ...............

Eric has passed away but glad he gave you a lovely smile as his special gift to you & a lovely memory for you to treasure

Wishing you Strength , Peace & Comfort for the days & weeks to come

Take Care

Much Love

Grove x x

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss, but it must be a comfort that he smiled, and a sweet memory to treasure. God Rest His Sweet Soul.

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
Gigi I'm so sorry to read your sad news. I hope in time the memory of Eric's smile may bring you comfort
Take care and thinking of you xx

Sent from my XT1032 using Talking Point mobile app

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Gigi,

I am sorry to hear your sad news about Eric.

He has had a long journey, at peace at last xxx

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Gigi
I am so sorry to hear your news but at the same time like my John he is now at peace.
Take care of yourself and give yourself time to heal
Love Rose x

geum123

May 20, 2009
I am so very sorry to read of your loss, Gigi.
Wishing you much strength in the coming weeks. xxxx

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Dear Gigi

I'm very sorry to hear your news of Eric's passing. I hope that you are taking care of yourself over these difficult days, and will continue to do so beyond.

Despite the need to sort out a good few things immediately, try to take things slowly and step by step.

xxx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
It's impossible to answer each of you individually, but please know how comforting it is to read your words of sympathy and understanding. Thankyou.

Brucie, one day at a time is the only way just now..as I think it is throughout the dementia journey for carers and sufferers alike. (Wasn't that Norman's mantra?) Such true words.

Although there is a sense of relief...inevitably there is also a deep feeling of sadness and grief. My emotions have taken me surprise..I hadn't expected to feel so raw.

It will fade, I know, and the happier memories will return.

With love

xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Brucie, one day at a time is the only way just now..as I think it is throughout the dementia journey for carers and sufferers alike. (Wasn't that Norman's mantra?)

"Day by Day" wasn't it?

Dear Norman, always such a gentleman. Does anyone know anything about him? He almost came on holiday once with Connie & me, but he chickened out - wonder why? :D Pity, he'd have enjoyed it.:)

Take care, Gigi, thinking of you.

xxxxx

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Dear Gigi, I too am so sorry to read of the passing of Eric. My thoughts are with you and as you begin another stage along the journey of life I send you my love and wish you strength for the days ahead. xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
A fond "farewell"....

Eric has found peace at last. I was a bit overwhelmed by the attendance at the service..(but couldn't help thinking "why weren't they there while he was still with us"?)
Hopefully those present will have contributed generously to the Alzheimers Society.

I truly thought that my love for Eric had been extinguished because of the traumatic times we went through..possibly even before he was diagnosed.

With hindsight (that wonderful gift!) I now realise that it was that love which we initially had that kept me with him through his struggle..even though at times I did resent it and often felt that I should be doing more.

Thankyou, Talking Point, for being here at a time when our life was spiralling out of control and I was trying to come to terms with Alzheimers and Eric and and a multitude of other family problems too.

You never failed me..there was always someone who would reply to a post sent in desperation.

TP has changed considerably since I was first around..but change is necessary in order to keep up with the demand for knowledge and support.

To all of you who read this...I wish you strength and am thankful that you have TP to turn to.

Eric has gone, I am richer for the experience. Dementia still surrounds me..the lady next door, the lady up the road, an ex colleague's father...in my own way I will support and be there for these people to the best of my ability.

For now I am exhausted..something I never imagined. Grief takes its toll in varying ways.

I'm lucky with my work...they are very understanding and are happy for me to ease myself back in my own time.

Can I finally say "thankyou" to all of you for being there for me throughout our journey?
Some at different times..some came and went..some I met up with, some I didn't. You are all special people who played a part in our lives and I won't ever forget that.

Love xx

Please don't respond to this post. If you do want to contact me you're welcome to do so by PM or phone if you have my number. I will look in from time to time. x

Last edited by a moderator:

mpwhitford

Mar 3, 2014
Sad news.

My husband Eric passed away last night. He had developed pneumonia and had been struggling since Sunday.

I'd come home to get some food and rest..he sneaked away quietly.

For a while now he hasn't known me. Yesterday he smiled at me very briefly and I'm sure there was recognition.

He is resting peacefully now after a battle valiantly fought.

With love xx

Gigi, Very sorry to hear your news. I know it's very hard but take comfort in the fact that you did your very best in caring for your husband. Dementia is a terrible disease and does horrible things to people but we still love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kez15