Mum gone

asaltydog

Jun 22, 2005
N Wales
Dear Loulou

my mum died in February [ the day before my sister's birthday. ] She had had
AZ for about 8 years and was 84. I went to see her in her nursing home here
in Wales every day. She still knew who I was & could still speak a bit ...she would say I love you & I would say I love you too.

My last sight of her was her sitting in a corner of the lounge in her nursing home
with a blanket over her knees. A bit off that day ! and I said I'll see you
tomorrow.

And people cannot live forever

Derek

Loulou

Jul 22, 2005
Derek

I know people cannot live forever - just wish they could - especially the ones who deserve to !!

Thanks for being on here at this time in the morning - just can't sleep, can't even think about going to bed - always moaned about having a minute to myself and now I've got it wish I didn't !!
My last memory of my mum was on my birthday blowing kisses at me - I told her that she had no idea how happy she's made me - was so angry at my sisters for getting up there so late at visiting time ( on my birthday !!) that not even sure that I said goodbye properly.
Was so keen to get myself ready for my niece's 18th birthday that didn't even go back that evening and did not even go up for early part of visiting cos thought my sisters could do it for a change ( I was with her the whole time).
If only I'd known that I would not see her again - was getting ready to go up for the later visiting at 630pm when I got the call to say she had "taken a turn for the worse" - was gone by the time I got there at 6pm - I will never forgive myself - sorry for being so self pitying but just cannot believe she is not here anymore.
I have been to the cemetary every day since she's gone - don't think I've accepted it - never will

asaltydog

Jun 22, 2005
N Wales
Dear Lou

you will get over it

Meaning the grief will pass

For the rest of your life you will remember your mum, and the pain will go away

When the daffodills withered last spring , they will flower again next year

D

melbee

Sep 23, 2006
North West England
Hi Loulou

My heart & sincere sympathies go out to you at this very sad time. Your posts had me in floods of tears too.

I am only really just beginning this devastating journey, Mum 68, diagnosed 18 months ago & has deteriorated quite quickly too. Shes now moved to a lovely home nearby, but its not the same is it?

The pain will never go away, but it will become easier to bare with time.

Take care

Mel