A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I've been wearing glasses since I was 10 too all day every day. Would be lost without them. Glad your operation went well. Also that you got your bag back safely.
Just want to say only just found out about Dhiren, you were a wonderful wife to him and I am really sorry for your loss. Love Pauline xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Pauline.

It`s strange and unexplainable. I`m using both the computer and keyboard today without any trouble and without glasses. The over the counter reading glasses I bought the day after surgery are now useless.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
It`s strange and unexplainable. I`m using both the computer and keyboard today without any trouble and without glasses. The over the counter reading glasses I bought the day after surgery are now useless.

I am pleased that you are able to use them today, I expect it will still need a bit more time to settle. x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I am really pleased with the news about your bag and even more so about your eyesight. Don't overdo things though will you? You do know you are supposed to take breaks and not stare at computer screens endlessly don't you? Sorry if you are already doing so. Just saying. x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Deborah. I`m taking plenty of breaks. :)

I`m off to the optician soon to see if I can get some temporary glasses. The trouble is, today I don`t seem to need them. :confused:

Varandas

Sep 2, 2013
Hampshire England
Only now I read your posts. I am so sorry for your loss.

Reeading the most recent entries - so glad you can see a 'new' life without your glasses.

I am coming back now and then and always keen to read/hear your words of wisdom and comfort.

Keep well

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The optician won`t test me while I`m still using drops and until at least 5 weeks after surgery. I`m seeing quite clearly and am very thankful.

The problems reading my kindle and TV subtitles are minor .

I went for a routine blood test this morning . The practice nurse said I look different. I`m no longer peering. I didn`t know I was. :)

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Someone once asked me if I wouldn`t be happier having real people as friends. One of the same someones who asked the question which started this ball rolling. :eek:

It was no one on TP nor was it anyone from AS. :D

I've still got your real hug snug and warm, waiting for you

How very dare they call us not real

In my opinion, any one on TP is completely real. All very good understanding friends who all live in the real world .... not a blinkered one... and we write "letters" to each other because we don't/can't live next door

xx

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Lantana is lovely and attracts butterflies, I believe. However I have it in my head that it is toxic to most mammals in one way or another . If you google it there are a number of threads raising the same query and more than one or two people saying it makes their dog sick! Yours must have a very strong constitution Rageddy Anne! The berries are supposed to be toxic too.

Oh my! She ate all sorts of strange things, and the Lantana didn't upset her at all! Some dog food did!

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
I`ll think seriously about a choice of plant when I can put my mind to it and when the weather is better.

For now, I have a streaming cold, sore throat and bad chest and feel rough.

We had to see the consultant in London yesterday and it took all my strength to get out of bed and go.

The surgery has been successful but I`ll probably have to wear glasses all the time. This isn`t a problem for me, I`ve only had 12 years of my life without them. My sight isn`t stable yet, it will take 3 or 4 months, so I will see the optician on Monday and get some glasses to see me through.
I`d had drops in my eye and my vision was blurred.

For the journey I took 2 bags. One big bag contained the content of a pharmacy for my `cold` plus 2 umbrellas. The other smaller bag contained my purse, bank cards, house keys and phone.

I put the small bag in the big bag.

When we were preparing to go home, we bought some snack food, ate it at the station and were on the train in time to get a good seat. It was Friday afternoon and the train is usually chock a block with commuters.

Then I noticed I only had the big bag.

Paul dashed to where we had eaten and then to M&S to see If it had been handed in, but there was no sign.
I gave in, said it was my own fault, couldn’t stop every traveller at St Pancras and search them. We`d get on the train and Paul would phone to report my cards. It was an accident, and a lesson learnt.

We dashed back with minutes to spare and the train was full . As we walked along the platform looking for a seat, Paul heard my name being called on the speaker. A Guard had my bag, complete with all its contents. I must have dropped it on the platform when I got my tickets out.

If I`d been alone I wouldn`t have heard the announcement.

I didn`t have time to ask for the name of whoever had handed it in but that person was a Good Samaritan indeed.
Someone is looking after you Sylvia:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Does anyone else feel particularly vulnerable first thing in the morning?

I feel I`m managing well. I`m not pushing anything under the carpet. I acknowledge Dhiren`s death . I`m allowing myself to `drift`. Most of the time I feel quite strong.

I know I am accepting . I`m allowed to feel sad. I`m not afraid to face the day. But why are the mornings so difficult?

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I think Kassy is right Sylvia.
At night we go to bed and there is hope for a better day tomorrow and sink eventually - if we are lucky - into oblivion.
When we wake, reality hits us and we have to face it head on.
It's why is is so hard to get back to sleep if you wake in the early hours.

I'm sorry you are feeling down in the mornings. You have had a rough time of late so I think it's only natural.
I know you have a very positive outlook on life but be kind to yourself , you are still grieving underneath. xxx

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
I think when you first wake up and your thoughts go to something sad or worrying you can't process it properly as you're still 'sleepy'. Once you're up and about and have gathered your thoughts properly you can make more sense of them and deal with them better. Not very scientific but it is still quite early :confused::)

You've had a lot to deal with and it will all take time to come to terms with it all. Thinking of you and hoping today is better for you. xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you ladies. :)

Even when Dhiren was at home with me and ill, I found myself in tears in the mornings so it`s nothing new. I just wondered if others feel the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.