Thankyou

Daisy48

Sep 7, 2012
North Staffordshire
Thankyou all for your kind and comforting words. I like words.I've written the announcement for our local paper,it's long but lovely.The funeral director said that it made him smile when he read it.
I've found a wonderful poem/reading and my sister and I have chosen 2 hymns,one rousing to make the hairs stand up on your neck and one sweet and quiet.Similarly we've chosen two songs that dad loved.
When we cleared dad's house in 2012(to pay for care)my sister saved a smart grey suit for dad for his funeral.However he's lost so much weight that we questioned it.Then it came to us...Dad when he was well,was surgically attached to a green bodywarmer.He even took one on holiday to Turkey and wore it at the beach! So smart checked shirt,green bodywarmer and the ever present tweed cap in his hands...sorted.
It feels good to be busy,doing things for dad again.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Well done Daisy for keeping busy with the arrangements - it sounds like you have the right mix of music etc.Don't forget to look after yourself.

Take care and I wish you strength in the times ahead

Take care

Lyn T

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
It sounds perfect. I love the idea of the bodywarmer and your dad holding his tweed cap. If he wasn't a suit person in life, he shouldn't be made to wear one now either! Your dad would be very proud of you both I think. Hope it all goes well.

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Oh how I remember his body warmer and his cap
Very rare to see him without it, and the times the cap would be thrown up the corridor
when he got frustrated, he was such a lovely man.
Love Rose xx