I love the "Peace"I've even turned the Washing Machine off!!

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
Its 9.23 am and my Husband has been "full on" since 6 am, he has now dropped off to sleep after having a shower and shave - anyone else enjoy this sort of quality time that occurs or should I feel guilty?, (I don't )!!:). SL

Lilibet1

Nov 19, 2012
Buckinghamshire
Its 9.23 am and my Husband has been "full on" since 6 am, he has now dropped off to sleep after having a shower and shave - anyone else enjoy this sort of quality time that occurs or should I feel guilty?, (I don't )!!:). SL

Enjoy it and make the most of it. Do NOT feel guilty as you know it probably won't last too long.
I'm in much the same boat as you as my OH is not happy today as he can't get out in the garden so there's "nothing to do"
Keep smiling and sending hugs:):)

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Oh Yes :D

I usually discourage Mil from sleeping during the day, or from isolating herself, as both tend to make her more agitated. But, yesterday, after a particularly frustrating session of getting her to agree to a bath, she stalked off to her room to sulk - and I was so worn out and fed up, I let her go, and didn't go 'check' on her either.

I then had nearly 3 hours of 'peace' - not so much silence, but being able to spend some time with my kids, without having to constantly break off conversations to deal with the repetition, or to sort this, that or the other.

For once, she wasn't too bad when she finally emerged, either - which meant the 'guilt' didn't kick in :)

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
I make phone calls !

Oh Yes :D

I usually discourage Mil from sleeping during the day, or from isolating herself, as both tend to make her more agitated. But, yesterday, after a particularly frustrating session of getting her to agree to a bath, she stalked off to her room to sulk - and I was so worn out and fed up, I let her go, and didn't go 'check' on her either.

I then had nearly 3 hours of 'peace' - not so much silence, but being able to spend some time with my kids, without having to constantly break off conversations to deal with the repetition, or to sort this, that or the other.

For once, she wasn't too bad when she finally emerged, either - which meant the 'guilt' didn't kick in :)

I make phone calls usually as my OH accuses me of ignoring him if I am on the phone and keeps interrupting!

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
Enjoy it and make the most of it. Do NOT feel guilty as you know it probably won't last too long.
I'm in much the same boat as you as my OH is not happy today as he can't get out in the garden so there's "nothing to do"
Keep smiling and sending hugs:):)

Thank You :):)

Bubsho

Oct 24, 2013
London
You deserve it! Get as much Peace as you possible can this is your recharge time and because you have no respite you need this valuable time so enjoy enjoy enjoy! I can't wait to see you today we are setting off in an hour and will be there by tea time just in time for Dads worst time of day I have bought ipad with me full of great games for him to play! Xxxx

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
Hurray for Talking Point

You deserve it! Get as much Peace as you possible can this is your recharge time and because you have no respite you need this valuable time so enjoy enjoy enjoy! I can't wait to see you today we are setting off in an hour and will be there by tea time just in time for Dads worst time of day I have bought ipad with me full of great games for him to play! Xxxx

Cannot wait to see you, bless him he is putting our House Number on our bins and using a tape measure, "that's our Dad" xx