A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Such good news to hear. Thinking of you in your recovery, Sylvia. How big should I make my text? Think I'll go go for this as it's the biggest, and I must keep up with the Joneses!!!!.

:D :D :D

PS - this is just a little joke to make you smile, I hope xxx

Last edited:

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I am so glad that the operation was a success and energies can now be spent on complete healing.

Love.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good morning

:)

Where do I begin?

I can see my keyboard. :)
I can see standard print. :)
I can see where I`m going. :)
I can read again. :)
I can see subtitles. :)
I can see faces. :)
I can see what I weigh. :(
I can see what I missed when I thought house was clean. :eek:

The operation was successful although my sight is still distorted. There is an aura around everything and a wide grey stripe down the side of everything dark.

It will settle. I go for a post op check on February 28th.

I am quite emotional this morning following feeling euphoric because I can see again and relief arriving home safely after a hazardous journey home in atrocious weather.

It has taken me a while to read so many overwhelming and humbling greetings and there are no words to express how grateful I am.

I`m also feeling Dhiren has been put on the back boiler while I sorted out my own health issues .

Lots of mixed emotions all in a jumble.

And lots of catching up with good TP friends who have given so much even with your own very serious troubles.

With love. xx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
It's nice to have you back Sylvia, I am pleased that things are going well and don't worry about the housework it will still be there when you have fully recovered;)

I hope you have a good day ,

Jeany xxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Sylvia, I have tears in my own eyes just reading your update. How hard for you to deal with all this so soon after losing Dhiren. I am so delighted for you. Don't over do it though.

(Such bad news about the house. I have selective vision where dust and clutter is concerned!:D)

Take care.

Izzy xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
All good, except the last two, which I'm sure you could have managed without!

Seriously, delighted that the operation been so successful.

Don't worry about Dhiren being put on the 'back burner', of course you had to focus on what was a major operation. You know Dhiren would have said the same.

Sadly, grieving has not been cancelled, only delayed. Your loss will hit you like a ton of bricks, one of these days. I hope you manage to recover your strength before that happens - the body is a wonderful machine, you just have to listen to it.:)

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Good to hear from you.

Don't worry about the dust just leave it for the dusting fairy. Tell everyone you are waiting for her to become available as she's busy at the moment.

She's here with me, I will pass her onto you when she's finished here, but she's fully employed at the moment, and keeps missing bits, so she won't be free for ages :)

Such an emotional time for you, different pulls on your emotions over such a short time. Hopefully now you will have time to gather your thoughts and find your way safely through the different scenarios without too much anguish.

What I'm trying to say is...
A lot to take on board in your quiet moments. Don't let what has happened over these last months, overwhelm you and make you question yourself.

xxxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I don't agree that you will feel hit by a ton of bricks that is awaiting you:eek: of course it can happen but it is by no means definite so there is no need to live in dread waiting for it.
What you have experienced since Christmas involves high adrenalin and only yesterday you had a general anaesthetic. One can feel quite low when the adrenalin is no longer coursing through our bodies as well as the anaesthetic wearing off. You will adjust. You will find your new normal .

Love

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Thank goodness you're home again, and can chat to us!!
(Great big hug) I hope you can rest, let your mind rest, listen to some of that soothing music, drift. You deserve it, and more.

SORRY I CANT SEEM TO WRITE BIG TODAY.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Its good to see you back Sylvia. I am hoping you can now see normal print without too much strain - let me know please.

I am sure it will cheer your heart to know how many TP friends have missed you. You have had much to face over the past few weeks so its not surprising you feel at low ebb today.

Slowly slowly .......

Pottypeg

Aug 4, 2013
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Glad you're back, Dhiren would have told you to take care of yourself, and will be watching over you.
Don't worry about the dust, I have a fridge magnet that says ' Dust testing in progress, please do not disturb or write in the samples '. My feelings and I'm sticking to them.:)

Take care,

Anne

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Really glad you are safely home and can begin to relax a little. Time for yourself now to do as little or as much as you feel like. Take care.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Great to see you back online Sylvia - I'm so pleased the operation was a success and that your vision is so good so soon after the operation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968