Missing in Battle Sussex

cannuck

Aug 5, 2007
Canada
Thank you for your kind welcome! Just wanted to add that I have a dear friend who is an international journalist here in Canada. I have asked her if she has any UK media contacts that we could use. I am waiting for her reply, but I do know that her and her husband go fly fishing in the British Columbia backwoods usually in August, so I am scrambling to find her mobile number....will keep you posted. Every bit helps! Hopefully she has someone of influence we can send John's info to....

Louise

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Grannie G said:
Deborah,

you are trying to do to help John and his family.
It's just that I keep thinking how dreadful it would be if something happened to him and we hadn't done all we could do to find him. I would feel sick. :(

If anyone reads this thread who thinks they could distribute maybe one flyer perhaps to their local library, even that might be helpful.

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Deborah

Yes, I am willing to distribute flyers to various local libraries in my area.

I can distribute them as far as Glasgow, but as I am in Clydesdale, South Lanarkshire, Scotland, I don't know if it will help any.

However it can't do any harm.

Where can I get the flyers? Can I download them?

Alfjess

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Grannie G said:
Deborah,
Deepest respect for all you are trying to do to help John and his family. You have so much `get up and go`, it has to be commended.
Love xx

Hear! Hear! Great work Deborah! It is wonderful to have someone with your expertise and contacts doing such a great job for John and his family. Let us pray it yields the desired result - and soon.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Flyer/'missing' poster and Epilepsy Action

alfjess said:
Where can I get the flyers? Can I download them?

Alfjess
Hello Alfjess, thanks for this help.

Go back to page 3, post 39 by Tamariu, (Ann) August 4th, on this thread. Ann has posted a link to a 'share information' type site. The poster is accessible there.

Margarita wrote "I Wonder if the press office of the Alzheimer's Society can be approached to ask for national appeal on TV on behalf of john family"

That's another great idea Margarita. I wonder if they could link up with Epilepsy Action http://www.epilepsy.org.uk/index.html since John has both conditions. I think EA has a press office too.

Last edited:

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Go back to page 3, post 39 by Tamariu

I found the way to get at the poster a bit convoluted, so have made a PDF version you can get at from here.

I acknowledge the copyright is not mine.. :eek:

Attachments

• MissingPoster.pdf
    70.8 KB · Views: 501

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
OH thanks bruce for that , as I Could not work out how to put other one in Email and could not open it on my emac , which I Can do with the link you left.

PS

I rang the big issue , had to leave a message so they get back to me , if they don't I shall just keep ringing.

have emailed them with poster , lets see if they get back

Last edited:

Tamariu

Jul 28, 2007
Winchester
All I can say is *WOW*. You guys (as my son would say!) have been fantastic. Many, many thanks to those of you who have contacted other organsations to help publicise this.

Also, thanks to Brucie for creating the .pdf file. That was a great help. I have included that on the file sharing site too. I see that 17 people have already downloaded the .doc file. I'm so amazed.

To keep you up-to-date, today I have emailed the following companies to ask if they can post the flyer of John - Shell, BP, Esso, Sainsbury, ASDA, McDonalds, Network Rail, National Express, Waitrose and Somerfield. I'm still waiting for a response from most of them (I had a lovely, albeit negative, response from BP). Following a response from Network Rail - who don't manage the stations nationwide - I have also been in touch with Souteastern, Southern, one, Virgin Trains, Southwest Trains and First Great Western.

I have also contacted GMTV and told them John's story.

Finally, I wanted to let you know that we will be lighting a candle for John on Wednesday evening at 6pm (three weeks since the time of his disappearance), if you would like to keep him in your thoughts around that time.

Ann

Tina

May 19, 2006
Hello Ann and Louise,

just to say I've been reading the thread and hope and pray for John's safe return.
How wonderful that so many people here on TP have done something to help.

Thinking of you.

Tina

cannuck

Aug 5, 2007
Canada
...Hello again! Just checking in from Canada and all I can say is as Ann said..."WOW!!" All of you are amazing. I am keeping the family here in Canada up on all your efforts and we applaud all of your efforts! Well done!

I do have to be somewhat selective in the information I give to my Mum, as she has Dementia and tends to get quite anxious and fretful. Mum is in the early stages of dementia but on some days she is much more confused than other days. I send most of my updates from all of you through Dad. It is so distressing when you see your parent(s) changing...

No word from my friend the journalist, but I am going to try a few numbers. You have done so well in getting up posters and contacting the media!!
We are all struggling with this, but continue to find hope in all of your energy!

Ann, I will be lighting a candle here in Canada at the same time you will be...

Much thanks,

Louise

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Tamariu said:
Finally, I wanted to let you know that we will be lighting a candle for John on Wednesday evening at 6pm (three weeks since the time of his disappearance), if you would like to keep him in your thoughts around that time.

Ann
Ann, that's great. Are you doing it anywhere public? Do you want people to join you? Shall we try and get the press to come along? Can someone take some digital pix and have some posters of John in evidence? Sorry, I'm not trying to ambush your important act but just trying to see if we can get some press mileage from it.
I've emailed the AS and EA press offices this evening.

Last edited:

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I didn't manage to do very much about John today. Sorry. I distributed four posters, one to a library, one to a cafe, one to a council workman and one to be displayed in my mum's care home where relatives sign in. It made me feel a bit better. I'll try some new things tomorrow. Love Deborah

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I wanted to let you know that we will be lighting a candle for John on Wednesday evening at 6pm (three weeks since the time of his disappearance), if you would like to keep him in your thoughts around that time.

I Shall light a candle at that time , for his safe return .

cannuck

Aug 5, 2007
Canada
I have sent the poster to "Missing People" , UK, formerly the National Missing Persons Helpline. If they need a contact in the UK, I would like to give them Ann's or Deborah's if at all possible. They may require a UK registration contact.
They also appear to be an extensive organization.

Louise in Canada

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Another little acorn?

Saturday Live ( BBC Radio 4 ) Executive producer has emailed this am to say she will look into the story and see what she can do.

If anyone who visits this site/thread is able to do so, please could you send an email to people in your email address book, however unlikely or remote, and attach the PDf that Bruce has created. ( the'missing' poster of John) Even better, attach the police press release too. Ask your friends to forward the email to their friends too. Thanks
Alfjess, bless you for doing your bit, good luck, and you too Margarita. Ann, that's tremendous: all your work yesterday. Let's hope it pays off very soon.

Last edited:

cannuck

Aug 5, 2007
Canada
Good idea Deborah...! I did send this on to everyone I know, and the poster has gone as far as Hong Kong and the US.... Any contact, anywhere in the world is a good one because you never know who is traveling to the UK and who has contacts over there (or here, of course, for all of you). The contact in Hong Kong is a CBC journalist, who may have contacts in the UK for us, and I have another who works for GLOBAL national here in Canada. The CBC journalist contact responded back immediately, and I will await further word.

I made a US contact to a friend who travels to the UK quite a bit for his banking job, and maybe he can also do something for us, as well as a few collegues who I know have family in England...every bit helps.

Ann, I have sent the Missing Persons documents to you as they sent it to me this morning. I think it might be more expedient if you were their contact, as you are over there, and have much more information than I.

Love Louise

cannuck

Aug 5, 2007
Canada
ps. I heard this quote the other day and I thought it was brilliant....
I think it is by Maslow...

"When your only tool is a hammer, you tend to look at everything like a nail"

Here's to all best wishes for even more continued creativity in the search...! WELL DONE!!

Louise:)

BeadieJay

John was mentioned on the local BBC Radio news again tonight - it was at 9:00, I didn't listen to the 10:00 news so don't know if he's been on all the bulletins. The area covers the whole south of England, up to Oxfordshire, so is a huge area.

I'll let you know if he gets mentioned again.