the inevitable news

IanH64

Nov 25, 2011
Crewe UK
After being told some time ago that my wife had early onset dementia after 2 strokes we visited the memory clinic yesterday where the news was worse than feared as she now needs another brain scan to assertain the severity of vascular dementia which has now been confirmed.
She will fight to keep herself going for as long as she can as she is only 45 so feels her life has a long way to go.
I really feel sorry for anybody else going through the same thing but feel the support given on here will help tremendously so thank you for the support you all give to each other.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read about your wife's diagnosis. At such a young age too. I'm glad you found TP. I'm sure you'll find lots of help, support, advice and a listening ear on the forum. Take care.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

IanH64

Nov 25, 2011
Crewe UK
Have taken support off here for a little over 2,years now and always found it a comfort. Thanks to all x

Sent from my Vodafone 975 using Talking Point mobile app

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Have taken support off here for a little over 2,years now and always found it a comfort. Thanks to all x

Sorry. Didn't realise you were an old hand at TP!

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I am so sorry to hear about your wife she is so young, life is so unfair sometimes,

Best Wishes toyou both, Jeany x

IanH64

Nov 25, 2011
Crewe UK
It's ok Izzy I didn't mean it to seem as though I was having a go at you it is trying to put into writing what you are thinking. Sorry if it seemed that way x

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
So sorry to hear this news and your wife is so young! I'm sure that you'll get plenty of support and help from all of us on here. It's been an absolute godsend to me over the last few years. Take care and keep posting.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It's ok Izzy I didn't mean it to seem as though I was having a go at you it is trying to put into writing what you are thinking. Sorry if it seemed that way x

No no! I didn't take it that way at all!!!

wimbledon7

May 27, 2007
england
My wife too has Lewy body Alzheimer's diagnosed when she was 51...she is 58 yrs old now and can no longer walk, talk properly or swallow her tablets well. Wish you could get liquid forms of these things but you can't. All the best.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"...can no longer walk, talk properly or swallow her tablets well. Wish you could get liquid forms of these things but you can't..."

Have you asked about patches?

Pottypeg

Aug 4, 2013
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
SO sorry to hear of this change in your lovely wife, I did enjoy meeting you all, and talking with you, you wife made me smile with her witty comments, please give her and your family my love, and a hug for you too.

Anne

IanH64

Nov 25, 2011
Crewe UK
Thanks for support it does mean a lot. I may not comment much but I do read peoples posts.
Thanks pottypeg I am doing walk again this year so hoping to see you there.