A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
I`ve just had a phone call from one of the owners of the home, to ask how we both are and to tell me the door is always open should I need any support.

People are so kind.

Dear Sylvia , What a lovely , caring & wonderful Home Dhiren was in & how thoughtful & kind the Co - Owner was to call you & offer you support

Sending you & Paul much support & thinking of you both

Much Love & Kind thoughts

Grove x x

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Dear Sylvia,

I just logged on to TP for the first time in many weeks and I am shocked and saddened to read of Dhiren`s death. Wishing you and your family strength for the future.
I also would like to thankyou for your help and support when I was an active member.
Thinking of you,
Jo

lotusflower

Jan 10, 2012
South east
So sorry

So sorry to hear your news .... You are very much in our thoughts and prayers. I thank you for sharing your journey and experiences ... Me included, they have helped a great many people who have visited /used TP. Stay strong for the days ahead. Warmest wishes of comfort to you and your family. Xx

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
I haven't posted on TP for a long time but I've been following your posts. I am so very sorry to hear your sad news and I will be thinking of you.

Roma

Jan 15, 2008
UK
So sorry for your loss Sylvia. Hope you find some comfort in knowing that you did a wonderful job in caring for Dhiren and that he is now at peace.

Love Roma x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The funeral will be held on Monday January 27th at 3.20pm.

It will be small and humanist, just immediate family and care home staff, people Dhiren was familiar with.

The Funeral Director accompanied Dhiren for his brain donation. He was so impressed with the way it was conducted he went home, had a discussion with his wife and phoned the Brain Bank to offer his own brain for donation.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm glad you have the arrangements made Sylvia. I'm sure the service will be a fitting tribute to Dhiren's life. What good news about the funeral director.

Thinking of you and the family and wishing you strength. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I'm glad you have the arrangements made Sylvia. I'm sure the service will be a fitting tribute to Dhiren's life. What good news about the funeral director.

Thinking of you and the family and wishing you strength. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

My thoughts too

Much love xx

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester

It will be small and humanist, just immediate family and care home staff, people Dhiren was familiar with.

The Funeral Director accompanied Dhiren for his brain donation. He was so impressed with the way it was conducted he went home, had a discussion with his wife and phoned the Brain Bank to offer his own brain for donation.

Sylvia

The funeral sounds ideal, a good way to celebrate all that Dhiren stood for in his life.

Very Interesting that the Funeral Director was impressed with how the donation was carried out, that should help others who are thinking about brain donation.

Love xxx

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire

Thats so amazing about the funeral director. Dhiren's giving will continue through him and other people that he tells that is so comforting to know
I hope the funeral goes well and is everything you want it to be.

Continuing support

Sarah

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'll be with you in spirit on the 27th Sylvia. I'm sure the funeral will reflect the love you have for Dhiren and will be as he would wish. X

Last edited:

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Dear Sylvia, I have only just caught up with your loss of Dhiren. My thoughts and love are with you at this difficult time.
You were a constant throughout my dementia journey with my Mum, and with that, I regard you as a very special person.
Love and strength from me to you. xx

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Grannie G said:

It will be small and humanist

One of the best funerals I have attended was a humanist service. To be honest, I was surprised at that at the time, but now I always recommend such a service for those who are even remotely considering it.

Our thoughts will be with you on the day, and afterwards.

singp

Nov 18, 2011
Dear Sylvia,

I have been without internet for a week and only just read of Dhiren's passing. Please accept my sincere condolences. This thread has been so helpful to me. I thank you so much for recording your journey with Dhiren here on TP. You have helped so many people along the way. I hope the love and kind wishes from all on TP are helping you now.

Pauline

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Sylvia, along with many others on TP I shall be with you in spirit on 27th.

How amazing about the funeral director, Dhiren would be pleased.

Wishing you strength and holding you close in my thoughts and heart.

Loo xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951