A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
A big change for the worst today.

Early this morning a further change in his breathing.

Later this morning a bubbly cough.

The DN gave him an injection of Glycopyrronium to dry up the secretions.

She believed he would be ready for the syringe driver by late afternoon.

Early afternoon fluid on the chest increased and Dhiren didn`t have the strength to shift it.

It was lunch time. The surgery was closed for lunch and 111 couldn`t be used because it wasn’t `out of hours`.

He had two hours of discomfort including a few minutes of terror.

He suffered when he was changed and moved. His facial expression said it all.

Two surgery nurses came and installed the syringe driver.

Slowly and gradually he calmed down. Still coughing bubbles he slept.

Paul and I sat with him.

He was shrinking before our eyes.

I was going to stay overnight but was persuaded to come home while a senior carer sits with him.

Paul has been granted indefinite leave.

Syringe Driver Day 1. No food Day 4 . No fluids Day 3.

Last edited:

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Oh Sylvia, I'm so sorry, what a horrible day for you all. Silly thing to say, but I do hope you manage to get some rest tonight. I hope the night is uneventful and Dhiren is more comfortable tomorrow.

With love to you all xx

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
Dear Sylvia, nothing at all that can be said. I'm so sorry for your sadness. I hope Dhiren remains comfortable and peaceful. I'm so glad he is cared for and respected in a home that you trust. Please try to rest - they will call you if you need to return. No-one could do more than you have. No-one could care more.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Oh! Sylvia I am so sorry so distressing for Dhiren and you and Paul. I can only say if you feel you should go back and sit with him do so, only you know what is right for you all.

Sending love and support.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Sylvia I am sorry Dhiren hadn't a very good day, I hope it is more peaceful and pain free for him tomorrow , thinking of you both x

Jeany xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Am also so sorry Sylvia that there has been such a change today & so sorry you had to watch the terror

Glad a Snr Carer will be sitting with Dhrien & hope that brings you comfort Sylvia

Much Love & Kind thoughts

Love Grove x x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Sylvia. I haven't adequate words. You are all in my thoughts. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
So sorry that Dhiren was uncomfy for a while today. That must've been very hard to witness. But what a witness to him you've been. No-one could have done more. Hope you sleep. So glad you have Paul with you from now on.
I recognise your feeling that Dhiren is shrinking. I hope he continues peacefully tonight. With love to you all xx

Status
Not open for further replies.