I fell into the trap again!

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
Another confrontation this morning at 6 am, my Husband talking non stop about the things he wanted to do in the house despite me saying I really needed to go back to sleep ( I have a pacemaker and do need to rest occasionally! ).

He said to me - (despite me agreeing with everything he says and wants to do because there is such a scene if I don't agree) - you would say if you are not happy with the decorating I am doing, and I said why would I criticise you, this enabled him to somehow turn it around that I was causing him trouble.

He is now asleep after being suffocatingly nice to me as usual after these outbursts by him, after I became really upset. I feel trapped because I have to on my guard and after what happened this am I am obviously not succeeding

Will a Carers Assessment help me,for emotional help. How much longer will this carry on.:(

Last edited:

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi

If you get a Carers Assessment you may be offered a Carers Course to go on.

You would meet other Carers in your area and that could offer you the support you need

Take care

Lyn T

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
A carers assessment may also identify that you so badly and understandably need some respite time, and let others take over for a while, giving you time to recharge.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
In case you haven't got the information already this is the link to the Society's facstheet on the Community Care Assessment. The Carer's Assessment is part of this process. If you download the file you will get the factsheet.

Take care.

Jaffy

Oct 24, 2013
Ohio USA
Silver Lining, I to experience the outbursts then the overly niceness. I don't believe you "fell" into a trap. I believe the disease stalks us and attacks, usually when we least expect it. When IT happens again, know that you are not alone, others world wide are going through similar episodes in life. So sorry, for you. Get help so you can get rest. Jaffy

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
Silver Lining, I to experience the outbursts then the overly niceness. I don't believe you "fell" into a trap. I believe the disease stalks us and attacks, usually when we least expect it. When IT happens again, know that you are not alone, others world wide are going through similar episodes in life. So sorry, for you. Get help so you can get rest. Jaffy

Thank you so much for your comments which have helped me, I was beginning to think I was a victim! and you have put it in perspective .

Bubsho

Oct 24, 2013
London
Hey mum, I'm definitely going to put plan in place so I can come more regularly from London please send me stuff to fill out and people to call so I can at least lighten to load, I hate being so far away! But you're amazing and so strong and I love you xxx