are we approaching that time?

fullmoon

May 22, 2013
Just do what feels right for you - perhaps you could ask your employer for some compassionate leave? You are in my thoughts x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thinking of you Soobee. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

dizzywizzy

Mar 23, 2012
I just wanted to send you lots of love, we are in a similar stage with Dad and its heart breaking

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I just wish I had something more supportive to say than

Still thinking of you and your mum and wishing you strength

You are in my thoughts and I hope, when it's time it is peaceful and calm

xxxxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Soo, you just have to go with your instincts and follow your heart. It is such a sad time and whatever helps you to get though this time, will be ok with your Mum I think.
Inconsequentially, Dave and I were big Max Boyce fans. It would be nice to think your mother did hear the songs somewhere in her mind. You're doing your best and nobody can do more. love and support xxx

Lizjg

Dec 29, 2011
Near Newark / Grantam
Hi my mum also isn't really eating and drinking so I know how you feel. The carehome also told my Dad earlier this week that my Mum almost needs 1 to 1 nursing care. I don't know how much longer she is going to be with us. It's a horrible situation watching your love one just fade away.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I went to work. A customer rang at the end of her tether and I couldn't help at all. She was shouting at me because I couldn't respond in the way she wanted. I managed to remain calm and measured during the call but afterwards I broke down. So I've come home as I am no use to anyone at the office.

I really hate the fact I can't just carry on as usual.

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Mum's swallowing is not good at all and now she is refusing most food and drink by clamping her teeth shut. I respect her decision if she's had enough. I just wonder if my siblings will let her go quietly or not.

I am sorry to hear your mum's so poorly now. Who is talking to the doctors about her care? Is it a sibling or yourself? I think I'd be saying to the doctors that you want her peaceful and calm and that's what is really important to you, I feel sure the doctors would be sympathetic to that view.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Seriously you cannot carry on as normal, this situation is as far from normal as you can get.

Please can you take some time away from work both for you and your Mum.

love and (((HUGS))) xx

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
I went to work. A customer rang at the end of her tether and I couldn't help at all. She was shouting at me because I couldn't respond in the way she wanted. I managed to remain calm and measured during the call but afterwards I broke down. So I've come home as I am no use to anyone at the office.

I really hate the fact I can't just carry on as usual.

I'd be more worried if you could carry on as usual while you are going through this awful time. I've been close, with Mum on life support and critical, I couldn't do a thing, it felt like I was suspended while the world went on around me as normal but I wasn't a part of it.

I hope that doesn't make me sound too bonkers, we were extremely lucky that she pulled through but it could not have got any closer, she was repeatedly resuscitated but she still had a lot of good years in her then. I know she wouldn't want that again 10 odd plus years on.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
The care home said "today had few spoons of custard and few sips of drinks. not opening her mouth to eat or drink. "

This has been the case for about a month. Could she last another month like this? I hope not, for her sake and for mine.

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
There is no way of knowing, I am so sorry to say but there will be many on here who will virtually support you through this very difficult time.

My thoughts are with you both. x

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I couldn't do a thing, it felt like I was suspended while the world went on around me as normal but I wasn't a part of it.

Yes, and all the while I am saying inside my head "my mum is dying and I can't bring myself to sit with her every day and watch her go"

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
You must do what feels right for you Soobee.
Even if you are unable to be with your Mum all the time, you should take some time off work if you're able to.
You should give yourself some space to think, don't try to fill the time, don't try to be normal...try to be kind to yourself. X

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abelbeyene2015