A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear TP friends

Your posts have given me great comfort but I have no words tonight to reply.

Dhiren has suffered today and the suffering made us realise we must take the advice of the consultant and accept DNR and palliative care. The infections have taken their toll and he is unable to tolerate any form of personal care without experiencing intense pain.

It will be a miracle if we see his smile again.

With love. xx

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
Dear Sylvia, Cragmaid and all our other carers have said it all. I'm so sorry that Dhiren is facing the final stage in his journey, and only wish for him, for you and your son, that his release is gentle, painfree, and without fear; and that once again, you will see repose and rest restored to a face that you love so much. x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Your posts have given me great comfort but I have no words tonight to reply.

Dhiren has suffered today and the suffering made us realise we must take the advice of the consultant and accept DNR and palliative care. The infections have taken their toll and he is unable to tolerate any form of personal care without experiencing intense pain.

It will be a miracle if we see his smile again.

With love. xx

No need to reply, Sylvia. I'm really saddened to read this post. Sending you, Dhiren and your family much love and wishing Dhiren a comfy night. xx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I hope that Dhiren is peaceful and pain free,
I am thinking of Dhiren and you and your son and sending love and hugs x

We are all with you Sylvia xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Having been through the same situation a few months ago my heart goes out to you Sylvia, Paul and family. I am sure Dhiren will know he is back in the care of those that love him and it is the right decision to have him in the comfort and calm of his own room and you at his side.

Thinking of you all with love.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Both Dhiren and you have hardly been out of my thoughts all day and night. Good of you to write, Sylvia. You must be exhausted, and stressed that Dhiren is in pain. I do so hope that this can be addressed and the pain eased for him.

What can I say...... You are both in my heart and my thoughts.

Like others, yours was the first thread I read, all of it, when I joined almost 4 years ago, and Dhiren is dear to all of us, as are you.

With love

Loo xx

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
So sorry to read about Dhiren, Sylvia. I hope that the palliative care he needs are properly written up as there is no need for pain with the medications available these days. Then, when comfortable and pain minimised, you might happen by one of those smiles...

Fiona

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
I am sorry the news is not better for you Sylvia, my thoughts are with you and Dhiren at this stage of your journey, as once your thoughts were with my Mum and I.

With hope that you both find the peace you need,

Mameeskye

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Thinking of you and your family. I am sure Dhiren senses he is surrounded by love in a familiar environment. He may not be able to respond much but the senses are still there. Definitely the right decision to be back at the care home. Sending love xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
You are all in my thoughts Sylvia & hope Dhiren had a comfortable night & wishing you , Dhiren & Paul much love & peace today

Love & kind thoughts

Love Grove x x x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you again.

I have just had a text from the assistant manager. Dhiren had a peaceful night. She arrived at 7.15am [her shift doesn`t start till 8 ] and he was sleeping peacefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.