A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
O dear. That is such very sad news. Poor Sylvia. I know you have been through this Jan and will be a strong support for her but I do feel for her so.
I hope Dhiren will be comfortable and peaceful.
I'm so glad he is going back to the home rather than staying in the hospital. Sylvia will prefer that I'm sure.
I keep seeing that picture of Dhiren Sylvia posted when he was back in the home after his last stay in hospital. He looked so cosy and comfortable. I hope he is this time too.
My love to Sylvia and thank you for telling us the situation, Jan xxx

NanLorac

May 14, 2012
Scotland
I am glad Dhiren is going back to the comfort of the care home.
Thinking of you Sylvia and your family. xx

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Talking Point mobile app

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
Thinking of you all Sylvia.

We know he is well cared for at the care home and I hope he finds comfort returning there.

X

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
So sad for you both, Sylvia.

At least at his home, Dhiren will be surrounded by people who love him. He looked so comfortable and peaceful in the last photo you posted. I hope you can share that peace, and see that lovely smile again.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Dear Sylvia, you won't have the time or the inclination to reply, so don't!!!! Once more we are there, out of sight but present in spirit, to share the hard times.
Don't try to be too strong, you have had your own health problems so my first thought is please take care of yourself.
Dhiren is going home in more than one sense. His journey home started a long time ago now. It has taken such a toll on him and you, and yet you have remained close, perhaps because of the illness rather than in spite of it. So now the last stage of the journey is upon him. You can sit with him and keep him company on the way, but finally the last steps are his alone. You can make him comfortable so that his end will be as peaceful as possible, but you cannot turn back the clock.
I hope that you are able to accept the praise which is your due. You have fought for your husband's rights when he became incapable of fighting himself and at the same time you have passed on so much wisdom, calmness and encouragement to the rest of us, and certainly to me, making his journey and my experience of Dementia easier to cope with.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you for as long as you need them. Our love is extended to family and friends who are going to sit and share this time with you.
Go onward, Dhiren, in love and peace.x.

Last edited:

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
I'm so sorry to hear this news Sylvia.

It seems so many of us are facing this at the moment.

Thinking of you xx

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
Dear Sylvia, I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and Dhiren and your son.

Whatever the outcome, the main thing is that Dhiren is kept comfortable, so I am really glad that he will be back in the CH. So much better for you too than the hospital.

Please try to take care of yourself too as much as you can. X

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Like Loo I have tears reading the update Jan - thank you for telling us. When I first came on TP it was Sylvia's story I read first and I find it hard to take this news in.
Thinking of you and Paul and also hoping that Dhiren can be helped to find peace and quiet without any more ambulance journeys and going to hospital. The care home is the right place.
With kind thoughts and all my best wishes xxxx

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
Thank you Jan for the update. I feel very sad and tearful at this news. I keep thinking of the lovely photo of Dhiren looking so comfortable and cosy in the ch after his last stay in hospital. I'm pleased that he's going 'home' where he can hopefully be at peace with his family around him.

Sylvia I'm thinking of you and Paul and hoping that you get through this awful time with as much peace and love as possible. Take care of yourselves too xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Dear Sylvia , Sending much love & comfort to you & Paul & thinking of you & Dhiren . Wishing Dhrien is kept comfty & pain free as he can be & he does not need to go back into Hospital The C H is the right place

My thoughts are with you all Sylvia at this awful time

Much Love

Grove x x x x

CeliaThePoet

Dec 7, 2013
Buffalo, NY, USA
Like many others, Sylvia, your & Dhiren's story was the one I read first here, in fact I read 900+ pages of it over a few days. I feel as if I'd been a fly on the wall throughout. My heart pours out to both of you. Peace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.