Peg's Trees

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
I have had a letter from two of our dear friends telling me as Peg loved trees so much they have dedicated three trees to Peg's memory.
There are at Millhampton Wood,Ombersley,Worcestershire,this being the nearest wood to Birmingham where trees can be dedicated.
I have a very nice certificate "In loving memory of Peggy."
What a lovely thought from two dear friends.
Norman

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
How that is a lovely kind caring thought , some friends are really a blessing .

Just go to show how much peg was loved by her friends

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Norman,
What a lovely sentiment, also, a lovely memory for you, knowing that Peg touched their hearts. Take Care Norman. Taffy.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Norman, that's such a lovely idea. Your friends are so thoughtful.

You have the certificate to keep, and will you be able to visit the trees and remember Peg? I think that would be such a peaceful thing to do.

(Sorry if it's too far, don't know that area of the country very well).

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Norman,

We lost a boy at our Special School to Leukaemia. It was a terrible time for all of us. We planted a tree in the school gardens, in his memory. That was 20 years ago. It is still known as Stephen`s tree even now, when not many staff, and certainly no children know who Stephen was.

Yours and Peg`s friends have made a truly thoughtful gesture. Peg`s trees will grow and flourish in her memory.

Love xx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Hi Norman ... what a beautiful tribute. We have a 'Woodland Cemetry' on the outskirts of Manchester. It is a place of natural beauty and peace where peoples' lives can be celebrated in a quiet and contemplative way ...

I hope you are able to take much comfort from this,

Love, Karen, x

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Hello Norman,

What a nice thing to do and what lovely friends you both have.
Sitting by a tree you, can get lost in your thoughts and be close to nature.
May ypur thoughts bring you some comfort.

Take Care
Janetruth x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
How thoughtful. Norman it will be such a comfort to you.

I had trees planted (through The Woodland Trust) for both my parents, but not until some years after their deaths.

I had two trees planted in my Len's memory. Some of the trees are chosen for their medicinal properties. I think it is a lovely tribute.

I am glad you have such good friens Norman, and thanks for sharing with us.

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Norman

I think planting trees in memory of a loved one is a great idea.

I had never heard of it before, now I think that is what, I would want.

I shall tell my family about this.

Alfjess

lovdn2

Jul 24, 2007
Hello Norman

That's a thoughtful tribute to your dear Peg.

They do a similar scheme in Scotland too, a close relative of mine has a tree planted in his memory there, where he spent many happy times.

Nice to think that the generations to come will be able to enjoy the trees and we are giving something back to the world.

Lonestray

Aug 3, 2006
Hereford
Sorry

Hello Norman, I'm so sorry to have been away from TP when you lost Peg. You are showing us the fruits from your years of caring by being there for others. Only the very special people such as you and Connie who have lost a loved one after years of caring can show there's light at the end of the tunnel by shedding a little on us.
May you both be able to savour happy memories of your loved ones like a fine wine from the cellars of the mind.
May I wish you both peace of mind and good health, God bless. Padraig

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Padraig
thank you for your kind words.It will take me a long long time to get over losing Peg,if ever.
I now just wnt try to help where I can and try to bring Dementia to the notice of more people who do not know the suffering it causes.
Norman

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Norman.

This is lovely, I think planting a tree in memory of a loved one is perfect. The nicest way possible of remembering them.

I'm very pleased for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson