Another distressing visit

annii1

Jul 5, 2012
west sussex
Saw mum yesterday, visits have been so awful in care home with mum becoming hysterical, matron suggested we meet in a cafe. Mum was crying when got there, wanted me to take her home, can't understand why she is there despite so many explanations. Got angry banging fist on table. I don't think mum will settle she is so strong willed, always fighting for what she wants. Antidepressants and actively. Apparently can be relatively settled in care home at times, staff take mum out daily, they do try hard. Visits so difficult, think it makes mum feel worse. Such an awful situation, illness. I need to keep thinking to myself that mum was this upset at home too, confused and unsafe.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I need to keep thinking to myself that mum was this upset at home too, confused and unsafe.

Yes you do.

It`s dreadfully upsetting for you but sadly that is the nature of the illness with so many people. If you could think of a better alternative for your mum which was doable and would make her happy, I`m sure you would have done it by now.

It does`t make it any easier to know this. xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I felt like this when my Husband went to a CH permanently-I thought just maybe I could get him home sometime soon as he seemed a much more settled person at first.That only lasted for one month. Now he reminds me everyday of why I couldn't cope.He's aggressive/agitated-for instance the carers have had to empty his room of tv,radio pot plants etc as he tried to throw them through his bedroom window.He even picked up the tv in the main lounge. Where he gets his strength from I don't know.He even pulled the curtains off the rail.Then he picked up the rabbit cage (complete with rabbit) and threw it on the floor.

I visit every day and like you it breaks my heart.I hate this awful disease.

Take care

Lyn T

Ppod

Nov 3, 2010
Empathise

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I too have horrible visits with my dad. Its just me so if I don't go nobody will, but sometimes its so hard. Reading your post made me feel less alone, so I hope that if you read this you will feel a little less alone too. Having my Dad sob on my shoulder, cling to me when its time to leave is just heartbreaking. Wishing us all peace x

annii1

Jul 5, 2012
west sussex
Thank you for replies. So sad, mum doesnt even relax enough to enjoy visits from grandchildren that she adores as gets so distressed, I feel mean visiting sometimes, but then don't want mum having no visitors! X

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan