Seem to have lost the old general "Support" forum?

muse

May 27, 2008
Cambridge
Hi all

I did have a partner with dementia. I haven't been on this site for ages. Having spent the afternoon with Creative Sarah today reminded me of just how valuable it is and what it did for me when I was going through the worst time of my life. So I decided to return, but can't quite find my way around it now. I know I still have some old friends here, and I consider any new joiners since then as friends as well. But where should I post?
When I first joined, years ago, I was a bit shy but was encouraged to go public on the "Support for people with dementia and their carers" forum as this was the one for everybody. I can't find this now. It all seems to be categorised now. Where do I find my friends? I'm now a widow and thus "After dementia...", but some of my friends are still carers.
I found Sarah with my TomTom today. Can you provide a Sat-Nav for Talking Point, please?
Much love to everyone - Muse

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Kathy

Sorry you don't quite feel at home in our new set up. Post wherever feels best for you. Your friends old and new will find you. Xx:)

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
T p 's new look ! !

Hello Muse , Glad you were able too meet up with Sarah :) & her amazing Photo's ! You were brave driving all that way & hope you had lots of rests !

Think the best thing too do is Click On * Forum Home & then you can easliy find your way round T P . The changes were done a while ago for lots of reasons ( partly due too T P feed back etc )

Hope this helps & you enjoy the new look :) T P

Love Grove x x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi Muse. Welcome back. I'm glad you had a good day with Sarah.

I always click on 'Recent Posts' or 'Today's Posts' and tend not to think about categories.

muse

May 27, 2008
Cambridge
Thanks, all.
Code:
Your friends old and new will find you
That's what I mean about this site. Heartwarming as ever, and Grannie G as on my first day... and she's always right.
I've bought two wonderful pictures from Sarah's exhibition. I love them, and they're still growing on me by the minute: the Cow Parsley and the Something... Anemones (I've forgotten the full description already, but who cares about the description, it's an absolute beauty)
I lost my camera during my hols, got a new one now. As soon as I've figured out how to use it and post pics, I'll proudly show them. Meanwhile, you will probably find all of Sarah's pics on FB. I would say she is truly talented. I also feel inspired now to take my own pictures. It's always surprising how near you can find beauty. No need to travel to the Galapagos if you've got a garden, or a meadow nearby.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Hello Muse, So pleased to meet you and jealous you have some of Sarah's incredible photographs.

I don't know about gardens, there is a world of Biology happening in the corner of my back door lobby....
You are right life is all there, in all it's glory, if you look for it.

Hope you keep on posting and staying in touch and look forward to seeing your photos.

#recruitmentsarah

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hi Muse and welcome back.

I'm the same as Izzy, straight to most recent posts and then a look around the other categories depending on how much time I have. look forward to seeing you post and jogging along with us.

Jay

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Well Muse I said if my exhibition did one good thing then it was worth it and you coming back to TP is definately worth it!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The flowers are Japanese anemonies i seem to be having trouble with my spelling tonight

It was so fabulous to see you and to catch up I'm so glad that you came do come again soon

thanks for the lunch and for encouraging me by buying 2 photos

Sarah

muse

May 27, 2008
Cambridge
Wow Sarah. that's a lot of grinning faces!!! Thank you so much for welcoming me back tp TP. - Coming back to TP feels like returning to a family.
I'm trying to build a new life for myself after my husband's departure and my son's escapades to Spain and the Camiono de Santiago.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I didn`t know your husband had died Kathy. I hope it was peaceful and pain free after such a struggle.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Kathy,

I wish I had been able to visit Sarah and the exhibition. I am glad you did and that you have two of her pictures.

It isn't an easy task to begin to build a new life for oneself. I always think of you and your writings. I wonder whether you are still writing? I also remember your son about to leave home and I wonder whether he has permanently fled the nest?

Welcome back to TP. It is very different in that it has grown enormously and there are numerous new people posting every day. It will be good to have an extra pair of eyes to help welcome folk and I am sure your experience as a carer will be invaluable.

Love

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Hi Muse, I remember you. I am glad you have come back. It is hard to come back after your spouse dies. I was widowed last September so have a post called "Going on Alone" in the dealing with loss section that I add to from time to time. I guess you could have one of those threads if you wanted to.

I realise your husband has been gone six months or is it more? I still find it hard to live alone but visiting my kids helps as does keeping busy with the house and garden, always plenty to do around here. I like doing things I was too busy to do as a carer that I now have time to do. Must confess to doing things "my way".

It takes a lot of thought to keep life going and to feel it is worthwhile. Finding your way through the widowhood maze is not easy but we former carers are made of tough stuff and we can do it.

Sue

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I didn`t know your husband had died Kathy. I hope it was peaceful and pain free after such a struggle.

I have made the biggest blunder. I`ve just looked back through your posts to find you lost your husband last February. I`m so sorry I forgot Kathy.