Memory Walk

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Hi
Has anyone else been bombarded with forms and other material for organising a walk this year, i registered my details a few weeks back to PARTICIPATE in a walk NOT organise one, and every week since i've been sent a big pack of brouchures etc as if i am arranging one. Ok it all goes in the recycling bin, but you guys are wasting your time and money and more importantly arent sending me the info that i have asked for.

Is it any wonder that people would rather raise for Cancer Reasearch or something.

Sorry but im in a bad mood today too
at least can vent here knowing someone might read it

Hopefully no one else is having the same problem.

TED

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sorry Ted. I am unable to help you, but can sympathize, as I know how frustrating it is to ask for one thing and to be given another.

Hopefully someone from Admin. will come to the rescue, and sort out the muddle.

I hope you feel better tomorrow. It`s hard when you`ve no-one to vent your frustrations on. TP is as good a place as any, even though it is not responsible for sending out literature.

Love xx

memory walk

Jul 3, 2007
London
Sorry to hear you have received 2 Memory Walk packs.

We send out packs to those who have either telephoned, or registered interest by email or by mail. It would be helpful if you could contact me with your name and address, then I can check how it has happened, but I think it is a one off as I haven't heard of it before.

Don't hesitate to contcat me if you have any other questions - obviously we hate wasting money, so thank you for bringing this to our attention

Dominic Hourd
Memory Walk

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Probably a bit late to get involved now but the problem wasnt so much received the multiple packs but the fact that the information was wrong, and if i register again am i going to end up with the same problem

I had hoped to take part in a walk / sponsored event somewhere in the London or South East region.

It may be that i look at doing the Race for Life ones instead and try to share the sponsorship 50/50 as Cancer charities are also very close to me and my family.

I wont put up my name and address details on this post for obvious reasons but may send you a PM later on today as i have to nip out just now from work.

thanks
TED

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Ted all you need to do is contact your local branch as they do the organising and register with them.

I have done the last two walks and that is all I did one quick phonecall and turn up on the day and get sponsors if you want to although it is just as important for people to take part as it is to raise funds.

We do it as a family and have a really good day.

Do hope you enjoy it if you do it.:)

Linda x

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Hello Linda

Thanks, but living in West london i dont know about our "local" group for we've struggled with help and Dad doesnt even know i post here (he moans a lot about lack of support but i think he just needs to moan if you know what i mean)

Anyway i am going to do the Cancer fun run now, even though am only fit to walk it but will see how we go. Just needed to highlight that the wrong info was going out and i've tried in the past to get info for other acitivities only to receive nothing.

If i can make it on the day might be able to turn up and support anyway

Cheers
TED