Attention Katherine. People’s unawareness of the ‘GROUPS’

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Attention Katherine. People’s unawareness of the ‘GROUPS’

As I can’t send this as a message to Katherine since her post messages box is ‘FULL’ and waiting to be emptied could a moderator or administrator please ask her to read this thread.
Thank you

Hi Katherine
Sorry to trouble you but a point has just been made about a thread that I posted Thursday in the tea room about updating my baking group and got some (Well not unexpected replies) you can see the thread and replies below and the reply that I returned:
http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?62488-(Baking-Recipes-Tips-from-a-professional-group)

Many thanks for all your replies my friends and I think you’ve also just helped me to prove a point buy saying (Never seen this thread before) as I’ve said many times to the TP Admin that people just don’t know about the group section because its hidden away from open view… and one of the other problems is that when anyone adds a new post or comment to any of the groups it doesn’t show up in the (Most Recent Posts Section)
So it’s only just occurred to me about the groups section and a way to try and make it more responsive to people, could it be possible that when someone posts in any of the groups that the post is also shown in the (Most Recent Posts Section) in that way at least everyone would be made aware…

This is just an Idea as the groups bring people closer together with common interests “BUT” as I’ve always said so many times the “GROUPS” section is just hidden from everyone’s constant awareness and really needs to be made far more prominent.

As another thought could the GROUP section link be included in the (Members’ Area section) so that when you open the link you go directly to the Groups selection page
http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/group.php

Hope you’re not offended by my suggestions
Best wishes
Barry

artyfarty

Oct 30, 2009
London
Hi Barry - I am using the TP app on an iPad and I can't find 'Groups' anywhere - didnt even know they existed!

Anyone know how to access them on the app?

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
I don’t know much about iPad’s but I would have thought it works in the same way by just

1, opening the Talking Point Page

2, at the top of the page see where it says “Community and a small green arrow”

3, click on this and when it drops down click on “Groups”

4, and the page will open showing all the various groups

Or here is the direct link

Hope this helps
Barry

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
An easy way to make Groups more visible would be:-

Attachments

• ScreenShot001b.JPG
    ScreenShot001b.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 473

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi Barry/Nitram,

Sure Katherine will pick up on this next week but great for you to highlight this.
I think adding a link as you suggest Nitram is a good idea, if feasible on vbulletin.

The Group link at the top could just link to the groups home page.

For now you can add the above link to your bookmarks - its a dashboard for group activities.

Thanks
Craig

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Many thanks for the comments and attention (Nitram and Craig) I agree that would be a far better way to highlight the GROUPS:)

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Hi Barry

Thanks for your comments and sorry your PM didn't get through to me (my inbox has now been cleared!;)).

I take your point about the Groups feature not being very prominent. We're soon going to be making a few tweaks to TP (small adjustments following the forum changes we made back in July), so I'll make sure we look into this issue at the same time.

In the meantime, as Craig said, for those that have had trouble finding Groups, it's probably a good idea to bookmark the Groups link. Also, if there's a specific group on Talking Point that anyone would like to promote (for example Barry's baking group :)), you could do what some members have done, and add a link to your signature.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi Katherine
And thanks for your attention, by the way that’s a good idea of adding the groups link with our closing signature I will be doing that;)
Best wishes
Barry

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
I agree it is such a shame that Groups are hidden away
their are some great ones, including word games.
but because they are hidden away few of us know about them