sleeping day and night

helenemartin

Mar 6, 2008
stamford,lincs
Hi
Do any folks out there have any ideas as to why my wife has taken to sleeping most of the day? She also for long periods of time doesn't seem to respond to people talking to her,even when they raise there voice, just a blank stare. She seems to have lost the ability to walk or understand when we try to encourage her to do so. Helene has early onset AL's she was told the good news 7 years ago and is only 63 now. Any help on the above would be great. Thanks to all for reading this.
M+H

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
I would suggest that you get a GP visit as soon as you can. my mum is like this when she is ill. You would think we would notice her being unwell but it can be very difficult to tell especially as she can't tell us. This may not be the reason but it is certainly something you should rule out.

steffie60

Jan 22, 2013
Hampshire
My mum went through a period of sleeping 18 out of 24 hours, ate precious little however that period has passed. I agree though that you should get her checked out by the gp even just for peace of mind.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Talking Point mobile app

Marina1974

Nov 26, 2011
Hi
My mum is going through the same phase where she is so quiet, eats or drinks very little and sleeps most of the day. Been to see gp and results showed that she has a urine infection.

MReader

Apr 30, 2011
essex
My husband has mixed dementia and sleeps for England!!! Maybe 18 hours in 24.
His GP & Psychiatrist says there is nothing physically wrong with him but as his brain only works at about half of its capacity, it wears him out just living so he sleeps to restore his energy.
He tells me that he is so upset & frightened with how he is that he sleeps to get away from reality
Don't know if this helps but do get her checked out for your own peace of mind.

shelley c

Aug 7, 2013
Hi, my father went through a similar period. In his case doctor said it was normal but you don´t hesitate to contact her doctor.

rustyjake

Sep 23, 2013
hi my husband sleeps a lot and would say in bed for a long while i do have to encourage him to get up hope this helps
Hi
Do any folks out there have any ideas as to why my wife has taken to sleeping most of the day? She also for long periods of time doesn't seem to respond to people talking to her,even when they raise there voice, just a blank stare. She seems to have lost the ability to walk or understand when we try to encourage her to do so. Helene has early onset AL's she was told the good news 7 years ago and is only 63 now. Any help on the above would be great. Thanks to all for reading this.
M+H

chridgets

Aug 6, 2013
BC Canada
My partner also sleeps a lot. Well. at least spends a lot of time in bed. She says it is comfortable and familiar. I am mostly concerned because she has begun to fall or can't get up. Either her legs or knees give way. I try to get her up so she doesn't get too weak.