The dreaded call

Sunbell

Jul 29, 2010
Yorkshire, England
Mum is now at peace.

My darling mum passed away this afternoon after a long, hard battle. Thankfully I was with her till the end.

Over ten years of living with this horrific disease Alzheimers and then the final month has just been horrendous for her. At last she is free from it all, God love her.

I am in bits just now but thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the help and understanding especially over the last few weeks.

I will post later when I can get my head round it all.

Love Sunbell xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Sunbell. Your lovely mum's journey is over at last. You have been a sterling daughter and I'm so glad you were with your mum at the end. I send you my condolences and wish you much strength. Take care of yourself. x

tarababe

Sep 9, 2012
Durham
Sunbell I am so sorry for you and how devastated you must be feeling. No amount of words will ever help so I won't even try. I know your mum is at peace and although I am sure deep down you are glad she isn't suffering anymore, it doesn't help with the pain of the loss you now feel.

Please accept my sympathy and know that you are in my thoughts all the time and I am wishing you strength to cope with the next phase of this awful time you are going through.:(

Please come back on here any time you need to for whatever reason as we are here to listen.;)

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello sunbell, I am so sorry. What a long vigil for your dear mum. My sincere condolences.

turbo

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
Sunbell I'm so glad for you that were with your mum at the end. Happily for your mum she is now free but I imagine you are going through every possible emotion right now and you have my heartfelt sympathy xxx

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Just wanted to send you best wishes and hugs(()), I am sure you must be exhausted emotionally and physically, hope you are now able to rest and relax, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time xx

Ange

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Sunbell - I am not surprised you are in bits, its been an extremely long and tiring time for you but what a lucky Mum to have had such a loving daughter who stayed the distance and was with her in her final hours. That must have given her so much comfort and peace even if she wasn't always able to show it.

I am sure there will be testing times ahead but hopefully the knowledge that you were there for your Mum and she is at peace now - will be a support and encouragement to get you through them.

Be kind to yourself now and get some rest if you can,

Big hugs for you,

Take care

Celia
xx

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Oh Sunbell, it's just so hard isn't it? I will never forget that feeling of relief and grief, how do we reconcile that? It's impossible, just try to get some rest, eat, spend time with other loved ones.

My sincere condolences on the loss of your mum, so glad she is free from the chains of this disease.

I wish you much peace.

Stephanie, xxx

Mamsgirl

Jun 2, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
My heart aches for you Sunbell, so very sorry for the loss of your dear Mum. You've been a blessing on this earth for her, and I hope the hand of consolation reaches out to touch you in the coming days. Love from Toni xxx

Jilly1

Jul 22, 2013
Nottinghamshire
I have been reading your posts every day and my heart goes out to you now your Mum has passed. You have been a fantastic daughter to her and I only hope you can find some peace for yourself now. Sending healing hugs.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry for your distress Sunbell, but glad that your Mum passed away peacefully. You have been a true Daughter to your Mum.You are a star.

Love from Lyn T

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that your mother now being at peace will help eventually but it doesn't detract from your groif and sorrow at her parting. Please accept my sumpathy. X

Sunbell

Jul 29, 2010
Yorkshire, England
Thank you so much everyone for your kind messages following the loss of my darling mum. I really have appreciated all your kindness and advice over the past month. I will keep posting to try help anybody else if I can through their journey of this horrendous illness.

Your help, kindness and understanding has really and truly been appreciated. What would we do without our dear TP friends.

Love Sunbell xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti