Ta Da!

Lainey 127

Nov 25, 2012
Liverpool UK
We did it!. For the first time we left Mum with a carer for five hours to attend my daughters wedding. My sister was like an anxious parent leaving a toddler with the babysitter; she ducked out of the reception to phone home a few times. The carers said they would handle Mum beautifully and they did. It seems Mum did their hair for them, watched videos with them and even gave them a back rub!
"How come she doesn't behave like that with us?" we asked.
" We see this all the time" they laughed. "They play their families up something rotten but are charm itself with strangers" :-/
So now we know Mum is fine when we leave her, here's to some much needed respite care!

Mamsgirl

Jun 2, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Congratulations on a major breakthrough! Sounds like your Mum did all the work though, maybe you should charge for her time :)

How was the wedding? Hope you had a ball x

Lainey 127

Nov 25, 2012
Liverpool UK
Congratulations on a major breakthrough! Sounds like your Mum did all the work though, maybe you should charge for her time :)

How was the wedding? Hope you had a ball x

We had a brilliant day thanks! Only one stroppy guest who didn't like the food (lol).
Would post a photograph on here if it's allowed?

Mamsgirl

Jun 2, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
We had a brilliant day thanks! Only one stroppy guest who didn't like the food (lol).
Would post a photograph on here if it's allowed?

Always amazed that someone wouldn't plan to go through a Maccas drive-through on the way home and behave with good grace. But there's usually someone.

Yes please on the photo!

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I'm pleased it went well and that you had a lovely day, I would love to see the pic,
You and your sis can relax next time, your mum will be fine, all the worry for nothing :rolleyes:

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
We did it!. For the first time we left Mum with a carer for five hours to attend my daughters wedding. My sister was like an anxious parent leaving a toddler with the babysitter; she ducked out of the reception to phone home a few times. The carers said they would handle Mum beautifully and they did. It seems Mum did their hair for them, watched videos with them and even gave them a back rub!
"How come she doesn't behave like that with us?" we asked.
" We see this all the time" they laughed. "They play their families up something rotten but are charm itself with strangers" :-/
So now we know Mum is fine when we leave her, here's to some much needed respite care!

Hi Lainey
So pleased you made the wedding and that your Mum was well looked after.
Was thinking of you both.
We are on our way home now, in Madrid at the moment....not a good place for driving :eek:
Take care
Luv
Polly x