Rock Bottom

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
ROCK BOTTOM

I wrote this one day last week, but it’s been such a busy week I have only just remembered I did! How cruel, can one disease be?

As I lay there in bed, my eyes wildly scanning for somebody to be there, did I realise how ill I really was. I knew I was dying, I felt so awful I knew that the moment I closed my eyes, it would all be over, the end, no more laughter, no more family and no more Elaine.
OH MY GOD! Elaine! I tried to shout “I love you Elaine “and was horrified that nothing came out my mouth. I have long promised, that if at all possible, the last words on my lips on this earth would be “I love you” for Elaine to hear. I tried again but to no avail. Where was she? Why was I here, all alone? I felt so very very cold, freezing, how could this be in the middle of a heat wave? Maybe it was the illness that was taking my life so very swiftly. Again I shivered as if I was sat on ice. Looking around the room all was clear as day, and yet I couldn’t figure out if it was day or night. I tried to move but felt totally exhausted and unable to.

With my thoughts running wild, all I could think about was my life so far, what we, (My Family) have all done together so far, and more importantly, with so much more to do!! The scream started way below in my deepest recesses and I mustered all the strength I could, to shout those three words I wanted to shout so much!! I LOVE YOU!!!! and then, from that moment, time began to speed up, I was feeling better and I finally came to (Out of the hallucination I was having) only to find my darling ANGEL Elaine next to me trying to bring me back to reality.
I walked into the front room and sat there, head in hands and tear’s flowing, for what seemed like an age trying to make some sense of it all, and then it dawned on me. It was just another cruel trick by Lewy Bodies. It was just Lewy bodies reminding me that he can strike at anytime, anywhere, anyhow!! HOW CRUEL CAN ONE DISEASE BE TO DO THIS? I have NEVER experienced anything like this and hope I don’t again. I have no words to explain how frightened I was, and still am in fear of this happening again. I have to live with this every day now, being frightened of going to bed, or slipping into a “Catatonic Trance” this is my Sentence in life.

I wish I had some cheery last words to finish with but this time I haven’t, but I can say by sharing this I hope to try and explain in some small way the torment that people with Lewy Bodies have to go through, almost on a daily basis
Thank you to each and every one of you for your continuing support
Lots of “HUGS”

Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Norrms what an experience. I can't begin to imagine how that must have felt for you and for Elaine. Thank you for sharing the experience here. As always your posts help us to understand a little more about what it must be like to suffer from a form of dementia. X

tarababe

Sep 9, 2012
Durham
This brought me to tears to hear what you go through and what others do too. How scary it must be. My heart goes out to you and Elaine. :(

Jaycee23

Jan 6, 2011
uk
Hi

A massive thankyou for sharing your experience. I am so glad you had a wonderful person who is supporting you and you are not suffering on your own. I cannot imagine the pain you are going through. I so wish they would bust this awful disease.

tropicbird

ROCK BOTTOM

I wrote this one day last week, but it’s been such a busy week I have only just remembered I did! How cruel, can one disease be?

As I lay there in bed, my eyes wildly scanning for somebody to be there, did I realise how ill I really was. I knew I was dying, I felt so awful I knew that the moment I closed my eyes, it would all be over, the end, no more laughter, no more family and no more Elaine.
OH MY GOD! Elaine! I tried to shout “I love you Elaine “and was horrified that nothing came out my mouth. I have long promised, that if at all possible, the last words on my lips on this earth would be “I love you” for Elaine to hear. I tried again but to no avail. Where was she? Why was I here, all alone? I felt so very very cold, freezing, how could this be in the middle of a heat wave? Maybe it was the illness that was taking my life so very swiftly. Again I shivered as if I was sat on ice. Looking around the room all was clear as day, and yet I couldn’t figure out if it was day or night. I tried to move but felt totally exhausted and unable to.

With my thoughts running wild, all I could think about was my life so far, what we, (My Family) have all done together so far, and more importantly, with so much more to do!! The scream started way below in my deepest recesses and I mustered all the strength I could, to shout those three words I wanted to shout so much!! I LOVE YOU!!!! and then, from that moment, time began to speed up, I was feeling better and I finally came to (Out of the hallucination I was having) only to find my darling ANGEL Elaine next to me trying to bring me back to reality.
I walked into the front room and sat there, head in hands and tear’s flowing, for what seemed like an age trying to make some sense of it all, and then it dawned on me. It was just another cruel trick by Lewy Bodies. It was just Lewy bodies reminding me that he can strike at anytime, anywhere, anyhow!! HOW CRUEL CAN ONE DISEASE BE TO DO THIS? I have NEVER experienced anything like this and hope I don’t again. I have no words to explain how frightened I was, and still am in fear of this happening again. I have to live with this every day now, being frightened of going to bed, or slipping into a “Catatonic Trance” this is my Sentence in life.

I wish I had some cheery last words to finish with but this time I haven’t, but I can say by sharing this I hope to try and explain in some small way the torment that people with Lewy Bodies have to go through, almost on a daily basis
Thank you to each and every one of you for your continuing support
Lots of “HUGS”

Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So sorry you have to go through these traumas Norrms....do you recognise the onset, so you can be ready for a 'siezure'? But how can anyone be 'ready' for such an experience?
Have you tried changing your eating habits to see if that helps reduce them?
Can I recommend that these foods be avoided for a few weeks, e.g. b'fast cereals, bread, sugar, yeast products, pastries, cakes, biscuits, processed foods...and replace these with ripe bananas, apples, all veges including brocolli [frozen or fresh], coconut oil [1 teaspoon every morning before b'fast].
Take more real protein [brain foods] - e.g. cooked eggs, meat, fish, eating rice instead of potatoes. Make real soups. You may feel better within the first week! Worth a try...I found it so. Thinking you well, or better anyway. x

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Norms, you writing is so powerful, you brought me into your experience with you, that's an amazing skill. Clearly as everyone has said it was awful for you but you really put me right inside your shoes. Thank you for educating me.

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya

You are all so very kind and thank you, eating haboys or not, unfortunatly lewy Bodys is here to stay until they find a cure xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I can't begin to imagine the terror you and Elaine experienced, although you've written in such a clear and vivid manner that it felt quite real. How cruel, it sounded like being trapped inside yourself, with your mind running amok while your body was frozen. Thank you for sharing your frightening experience because it helps us to better put ourselves in the place of our loved ones and the sheer panic with which they live. I wish you many nights of peace with your dear Elaine.
Stephanie, xxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hi Norrms,
So sorry Norrms - at a loss for words to comfort but thank you so much for sharing this with us. Love to you both x