Nats Has Gone.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Bastan, I am sorry to read your sad news about Nats. My sincere condolences.

turbo

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Hi Bastan,
I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss. It is so hard to come to terms with it isnt it.
The funeral sounded lovely, a fitting tribute.
I lost Bryan just over 2 years ago now and it does not seem to be any easier to cope and realise i will never see him again.
Love and hugs Muriel xx:confused:

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
Many many thanks you lovely people. I need to do some individual replies and will get round to it soon I hope.

Unfortunately my Mum died on the 8th of July and this so very soon after losing Nats completely floored me...........

I have been struggling to even get out of bed some days and wondered how life goes on. But on it goes and the past few days I have felt a little bit stronger and a chink of hope in my heart that I am strong and I will survive and although it will take time life can be good again. (please God)

much love and appreciation to all

Bastan xxx

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so sorry for your loss. I loved the fact that he sang at his own funeral, what a wonderful thing to do. To see him as he really was. Perfect.

Edit - please accept my condolences on the loss of your mum too, how terrible for you, especially so soon after your husband died. I'm so sorry x

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
It is lovely to hear from you Bastan but I am so very sorry that you have lost your mother, especially so soon after losing Nats. That is so sad and you must be feeling so bereft. I am glad to hear that after feeling so very lost, you feel you are picking up a little. I think it is quite natural to feel as you have been doing whilst trying to cope with such grief.
I recall that you family moved out not so long ago too. Please do keep coming here as and when you feel able to. love and sympathy. xxxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm do sorry to hear of your loss. Especially it being so soon after Nats. Thinking of you. x

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
I am so sorry I was not posting on this site when you were going through your loss but your love shines through when you talk of the funeral. So hard to then lose your mum when you are still grieving. Be kind to yourself. xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Oh dear Bastan, I am so sorry to hear about your Mother and especially hard when you were still lost without Nat.

This double whammy must be hard and I do feel for you.

Take care of yourself now and I am sure you will find that life can still be good.
Best wishes

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Oh my, what a cruel blow! I'm so sorry for this loss. I too lost my dad on 2nd August, 3 weeks after going into a nursing home. I was reading over this thread and was struck by the way life changes so swiftly. The lives we had a month ago were irrevocably changed in the blink of an eye.
I really hope you can come through this double grief, and you have a support network looking after you. I would urge you to seek some grief counselling if you find it hard to get through a day right now. It may not be the sort of thing you'd do under normal circumstances but this situation is far from normal, losing 2 close family members in such a short period.

Please be kind to yourself and I wish you much peace and comfort.
Stephanie, xxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Sending my condolences on your double loss Bastan. I am so sorry. You have a lot to grieve for so I will hope and pray that you can find peace and be gentle with yourself. What a shock. It must have shaken you.
I remember well your posts about Nat. You can have no regrets; you cared for him with diligence and love.
Xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Bastan

I often think about you, and it was lovely to see you here again. But so very sad to read about your mother's death so soon after Nat, it must have hit you hard in the midst of your grief.

I re-read your first post here and I cried. I cannot imagine Henry being no longer alive, never seeing him or touching him again, and although dementia is an ongoing profound sadness and full of losses, it must be tremendously difficult to be where you are.

You will survive, of course, and hang onto that chink of hope, but do not expect too much of yourself too soon. It is a cliche but one day at a time. That's all we can do, isn't it, then hopefully as time passes you will gather strength and life will be good again. Differently, but good.

I hope you will come to TP again, when you feel up to it, Bastan.

Thinking of you

Love
Loo xxx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I'm so sorry to hear of your double loss. I completely understand how hard it is for you. But you are right, gradually things will become easier and life is good.