I Have To Share This!

clymout

Jan 10, 2007
Devon
Well, after my post yesterday about all the negative behaviour of mum since she's been taking Aricept -

I have just come in from work to find she has been out to the shops on her own, bought wine, choccies, flowers and a new top, found her own way home - (not lost the keys or money en route), told me she doesn't want any tea - she's made her own and she's currently sitting in the conservatory eating an apple that she has peeled herself!

I can't tell you how remarkable the difference is - normally I have to push food in front of her and tell her to eat it, and she's never taken the initiative to leave the house for the six months she's been here - I've had to do absolutely everything for her.

I am gobsmacked and thrilled - she's chatting away about her day - I hadn't even realised just how much of her has been missing until now!

This is the first happy thing I have had to share since she got ill and it's brilliant - I want to kiss the world!!!

Jo xxx:D

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
John was prescribed galantamine from day one, and it had that effect on him. It was amazing! He's still on it, plus Ebixa now, and although he's now approaching later stage, I'm sure it has slowed the progression, he was reasonably well for six years.

I hope the improvement continues for your mum.

Love,

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Dear Jo

So pleased to hear your news. How fantastic for your mum to be able to do those things ... and for you at seeing the results.

Long may it continue!:D

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Hope they put my husband on it as well. As they are looking at his meds as he has had another 2 seizures. He is on Rivigstigmine and i dont think it is working now. It sounds like a wonder drug and helps us and them.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Jo, What amazing news, in such a short time, no wonder people are fighting tooth and nail for Aricept.
I`m so pleased for both you and your mum.

Love xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Jo, this is indeed great news, I am so happy for you and your mum. Wishing you both many,many more days like it. Taffy.:)

clymout

Jan 10, 2007
Devon
Many many thanks for all your kind responses. I only hope more of us have such good things to share.

Best wishes to everyone.

Jo