Not long now ...

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
....till I go on a much needed family holiday with husband and daughter! I cannot deny that I am nervous about it. This is the first time I'll have been away when there's anyone/thing at home to worry about.

Mum cannot hide her discomfort and anxiety (and disapproval? ) that I am 'leaving her' for a week, albeit in the very kind hands of my SIL who is giving up 5 days of her summer to keep mum company ... according to mum she's 'not me' - well no, she isn't - but isn't some company better than none? Seemingly not ... the look on mums face sometimes when I mention my SIL ... you'd think she ate babies for breakfast! But it's her, or no one. Mum is forgetting how kind SIL was when she had a breakdown (carer stress) just over a year ago. She visited mum in hospital (she was in psychiatric care for a few months) and cried with her, just like I did, when things were bad. She doesn't owe mum anything in particular but is doing it from kindness - both to mum so she's not lonely, and to me so I can have a break.

I am resolute though - I NEED this holiday - I DESERVE it and my family needs time to bond and spend time together without a shadow over us.

...and once it's over and mum has survived (which she will) the next one will be easier.

So ... counting down ... two more sleeps :)

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Hoorah for SIL, hoorah for holidays....run as fast as you can to the gate KM and don't look back.
Leave all your worries at the airport....they'll be here when you come home....
but you won't be home, you'll be chillin' and laughing and sleeping and reading and chatting and cuddling and getting a feel of yourself again.
Have a hooley. x

Forestridge

Feb 10, 2013
Have a lovely time. We're going away very soon and I also feel we deperately need the time as a family to try and heal a bit from the traumas what has been 2013 so far. My Mum doesn't want to see me right now so I don't have anyone trying to inflict guilt.

Once we're back there will be a Best Interests meetng for her but I shall have had a little break before needing to face it. Here's to holidays !!

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
KM - have a fabulous holiday. Worrying and feeling guilty won't change anything at home or how your Mum feels so do your best to switch off from all that (easier said than done, I know :( ) and have a well deserved and relaxing fun filled break with your family.

Take care

Celia
x

Polly1945

Oct 24, 2012
Hereford
Have a great holiday KM. What a lovely SIL you have, wonderful that she is willing to give up some of her holiday time to look after your Mum and to give you a break.

I'm sure that all of us with "INVISIBLES" wish they had her as their SIL.

Love

Pauline

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
So here I sit at the airport ... very tired having got upon at a ridiculous hour.... Never felt as nervous about a holiday as I do today! I hate flying though so that doesn't help. A last minute mix up with mum's tablets didn't help either.

But I'm here ... and I'm on my way :)

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
I hope when the plane takes off - you have left your anxieties in the airport lounge and can have as good a break as possible. Worrying whilst you are away won't change anything and I know you will have arranged that everything is in place to ensure things run as smoothly as possible. This holiday is important - you need the time and space to be with your family, you need to recharge your batteries and, indirectly, you are doing it for your Mum too as if you are in a better place mentally and emotionally and have rested, you can continue to give her the support you do.

Will we get pictures when you get back? Us TP'ers do like our virtual holidays!

xxx
Have a fabulous time :cool:

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
So here I sit at the airport ... very tired having got upon at a ridiculous hour.... Never felt as nervous about a holiday as I do today! I hate flying though so that doesn't help. A last minute mix up with mum's tablets didn't help either.

But I'm here ... and I'm on my way :)

I hope that you have a wonderful and carefree time. Enjoy yourself, you deserve it.
Stephanie, xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife