Someone to help with the cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
There are lots of house cleaning companies around Dundee. I think they charge around £10 or £12 an hour. Not sure. Would you consider this kind of thing or do you want to stick with Age uk etc. I had a quick google and found this. Just an example of the kind of thing I mean.

http://www.mels-cleaning.co.uk/durham-cleaners.htm

Sorry if the idea is rubbish!!:D

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
There are lots of house cleaning companies around Dundee. I think they charge around £10 or £12 an hour. Not sure. Would you consider this kind of thing or do you want to stick with Age uk etc. I had a quick google and found this. Just an example of the kind of thing I mean.

http://www.mels-cleaning.co.uk/durham-cleaners.htm

Sorry if the idea is rubbish!!:D

Thank you Izzy no not rubbish I found 3 when I was looking before, I am just trying to wait til age concern get back to me to decide what to do I will give them til tomorrow and then phone somwhere Monday ,I think I may as well have just sorted it myself:rolleyes:

Poppies Durham,
North Eastern Cleaning Services,
Daisies,

actually Izzy that looks better than the ones that I found :)

Thank you Pross I have just seen your post, I hope they would have got back quicker if it was urgent,

Last edited:

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
I hope you find someone nice very soon. When you need help, you need it NOW! Some supermarkets have notice boards, but best to ask for some sort of reference that you can check before letting a stranger into your home.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thank you Raggedy anne and 1954 this is the first time I have contacted the alzheimers society for help ,

I still haven't heard back from age concern,

I think I am on my own as usual,

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
If we lived nearer you my hubby would do your cleaning, ironing anything really as that is his job but unfortunately we don't. Sorry

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Well still never heard anything, I was hoping this could happen without much effort but as with everything else I'm on my own, apart from TP of course, sometimes everything is just too much,

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thank you Butter i know it does :)

I still haven't heard from age concern I was thinking of sending them this reply as it was 27th July when i first contacted them,what do you think, do I need to alter it anyone ?

I am disappointed not to have heard from anyone , I know it wasn't urgent but it's not often I ask anyone for help I will try and sort something out myself as I have now been to the doctors with a badly inflamed shoulder and arm joint and I am struggling , I just thought you would be able to help but of course you will have more important things to see to,

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jeany,

It is so disappointing that Age Concern didn't get back to you. I think it important that you let them know that you feel very let down and disappointed. Perhaps you might like to add something like "although it wasn't urgent at the time I initially contacted you, it has now become urgent".

I hope you get help today as I imagine the weekends can be quite strained especially with having such a painful condition.

Love

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thank you Helen I get so sick of having to fight for everything, The SW is cming to do Allens review on Thursday so I am hoping that he will give me some advice,

I am having lots of family and friends here today for a barbecue so I will rope everyone in to help and take it easy for once instead of rushing all over doing everything and not getting a sit down,

Jeany x

Margaret938

Hello Jeany
I have just been reading your thread, I would have thought that given your knee operation and Alan's diagnosis you would be eligible for home help. I would get on to Age Concern again, I hate when I get left high and dry waiting for someone to get back to me, I doubt if they are that busy that they can't keep you informed.
I wish I stayed near you, I LOVE tidying out cupboards, drawers etc., I always have done.
I hope you can get something sorted out very soon, I am sure it would mean the world to you to take the strain of.
Much Love,
Margaret x

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Aw Margaret that's lovely of you :)

I hope I get some help soon my son said he would but he always has so much to do ,

Jeany x

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thank you Kassy thats really useful to know, I will still mention it to the SW when he comes on Thursday and see what he says ,

Jeany x

watsonmaz

Aug 9, 2013
Manchester
cleaning

Hi only just joined talking point so hope im doing this right.
Before Alzheimers got me , i was a carer. I worked as a P A With direct payments.
Direct payments is partly funded by the government, and partly by the client. It may be worth you looking into it. Good luck.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Hi only just joined talking point so hope im doing this right.
Before Alzheimers got me , i was a carer. I worked as a P A With direct payments.
Direct payments is partly funded by the government, and partly by the client. It may be worth you looking into it. Good luck.

Hello watsonmaz welcome to Talking Point and thank you I will look into that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.