Where are my threads?

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
I am so hating the segretation.
I dislike that I cannot find my posts.
I loathe the fact that people I have been communicating with are no longer contributing to the carer forum. And that carers are no longer communicating much with the partners' forum.
Who benefits from this?

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
If you look along the dark line at the top of this page you will find this:
If you press the 'My posts' button you will find those you have posted. This has always been there and my method of finding posts I have made. You could also subscribe to your own Threads but going to Subscribed Threads under Forum Actions - this has always been there too.

Edited to add:
If you want to find what others have posted just press their name and see 'View Forum Posts'.

Attachments

• snipmyposts.JPG
    snipmyposts.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
So my point is:
WHERE ARE MY POSTS?
If I have to go to "My Posts", what do others do to find my posts?
Is all the stuff I contributed over the past year just dead and buried without even a memorial service?

Again, I hate this messing about.
Can anyone contribute who finds it an improvement?

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
I contribute to TP because I need it.
I find great support in many many users, their kindness to me has been immeasurable.
I have never been someone who just runs with the lemmings.
That, in part, I think is what many posters like about my posts.
What I don't need is segregation. More bureaucracy.
And I can't find my posts unless I click on "My posts"

Again, I ask:
Where are my posts really? Gone? Is the intention to just end the forum that was and dump all the content?

And again I ask:
Does anyone find this better? Easier to communicate? Are we forging stronger bonds by separation?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Go yo the main home page. Scroll down to archive. You will see the old support thread title. Your posts are in there as they have always been as far as I can see. When you decide where you want them I would imagine they will be moved over before that closes.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Is it possible that a moderator could reassure BE and anyone else who has the same concerns that no threads or posts are actually being removed permanently?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Not a mod, Stanley, but I've been having a look round. I hope this wii help.

Clicking on My Posts I found only took me back as far as 99/11, which is perhaps not that helpful for longer-standing members.

What I found more helpful was clicking my own name in Who's Online at the bottom of the forum page.

Here you can access all threads started by ..., and this goes back to 2006 when I first joined. You can't get to this by clicking on My Profile, which I find strange.

You can also subscribe to your thread (or anyone else's), then you can access it through My Profile.

I hope this helps BE. I'd suggest finding the threads you want to save and subscribing to them in Thread Tools. You can then receive a message when anyone else contributes to it (unless that has changed) . That way you're secure through any future changes.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
BE, I'm bumping this up because I explained how to keep your threads where you can find them. I don't think you've been back to this thread since, and it had dropped off the page.

PS your PM box is full!

xxx

Last edited:

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
I believe some posts are not being moved but REmoved. A thread I created has been moved by the icon next to it yet I am barred from it when I try to find where it now resides. Not just my thread, same with another thread just above mine!

Then whilst all the effort on the same forum is on moving everything, a properly posted thread introducing themselves to TP and asking a question, has remained unanswered and unacknowledged by anyone since 4th of July!!!

So, the archive is NOT an archive eg being closed and left in tact for future reference it is being disseminated without rhyme or reason.

BE. I agree with you, I don't got to my partner has dementia, particularly after it was claimed only a partner could understand the issues. I am not a carer...might have the odd gander there but no longer relevant for me. I find (my personal opinion) the staged bits degrading and insulting as for so long the professional advice has been to treat the person and their symptoms as no two people are the same...now they are segregated along with the gay and lesbian folks and the I have dementia posts.

Oh and despite claims that folks should post where they feel comfortable they are moved faster than the speed of light!

So, I can find your interesting posts BE by going to your profile. Interesting for me that the changes for me have increased my PMs and emails! Maybe I should take the hint and move along with the other excluded people.

Fiona

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Fiona, I don't understand this. As I said in my previous post, I can read all my threads going back to Sept 2006.:confused:

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Fiona, I don't understand this. As I said in my previous post, I can read all my threads going back to Sept 2006.:confused:

I have started 25 threads since I joined in march 2012 and I can read all of them i just checked ,

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Only just found this, sorry

Hi guys,
Thank you for all the posts.
I wrote the post originally in the carer section. It was moved here. I could click on HERE, and while it took me to the post, I didn't know where on the forum the post was.

I would like to know the following:
What is going to happen to the archived stuff?
What if I don't want anything to be in some archive, but active?
How does one achieve that?
Is there some way to string my posts (my Alzheimer Journey with Mum) into one string and have it transported here? (example as Jeany123 has hers).
Knowing that stuff is 'gone' into some archive that is labelled as 'Closing soon' makes me feel bereft. This forum (the old one) has been a friend.
And some meddling bully has done away with my past.
Or am I wrong?

Am I stupid, or did this all come as a nasty surprise to others?
And where is the place Katherine told me about where open dialogue about these changes was possible? Or is the TP definition of open just one which includes people in favour of the changes?

Carara's MIL died. I didn't know. Why? Because I couldn't find her thread.
It went onto End of Life section. No quibble with that. However I think Carara is a carer, so it could also have gone onto the Carer section. Who decides where these things go?

My impression after a few days is that the TP hotel has been divided. Some of us in the kitchen - some in the bedroom, others again in the reception area. How do we communicate with all these walls that have suddenly gone up?

I miss the old format. That worked. Sorry to grouch but I feel like grouching. BE

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I believe some posts are not being moved but REmoved. A thread I created has been moved by the icon next to it yet I am barred from it when I try to find where it now resides. Not just my thread, same with another thread just above mine!

Hi Fiona,

I'm puzzled by this too. No threads are being removed (other than the fake passport scam type threads :eek:) and if any threads are being moved the Original Poster will have been sent a PM to explain with a link to the new location of the thread.

If you let me know, either here or by PM, which threads you're referring to I'm happy to look into it for you.

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
STringing threads

Hi BE I don't understand what you mean about mine being stringed together,

Hi Jeany,
I didn't mean to pick on you or single you out. But you have been writing a kind of online diary, with pages and pages of posts (unless I have my wires crossed, and at this point I don't know where to find your long thread to check I am correct).
I wanted to know if there is a way of retrospectively linking my threads into one fat post so I don't lose the whole lot to 'Closing soon Archive'. Whatever that is.

If I had know of this 'improvement scheme', I would have changed my style of writing months ago.

Hope this makes some sense to you now. Rest easy, I just want to find a way of keeping my diary of this past year online and alive (for me). Sorry, BE

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Oh sorry BE I understand now, but mine hasn't been stringed together I always use the same thread instead of starting new ones then it is all together, I just start a new thread if I want to ask a specific question or if it's not about our life,

I hope you get it sorted,
Best wishes Jeany x

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan