Funeral Flowers/card

Grandaughter 1

Jan 17, 2006
Hampshire
Well today is the day of the funeral and I have just been getting ready.

I have done the most stupid thing! I was bending over to get something out of the sideboard and the cupboard swung back and wacked me right in the eyeball!!!:eek: I am now sporting a bright red eyeball and a swollen face!! So even if I manage to stay composed at the funeral my left eye will be streaming cos it is soooo sore!:rolleyes:

I wonder what my Grandad would have thought about that!!!! I work in a pre-school so I can imagine that the children will have something to say about that tomorrow:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Louise,

I hope the funeral is not as painful as you feared and it helps you say a peaceful farewell to your grandfather.

Sorry about the eye. It sounds painful. You won`t have to worry about red eyes from crying now, will you.

Take care

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Louise

I hope the funeral goes well, and is not too traumatic for you.

The red eye will give people something to talk about, and may take some of the pressure off you.

I'll be thinking of you.

Love,

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Oh, Louise, sorry about your painful eye! I hope the day goes smoothly for you and your family. Thinking of you, Kind regards

Grandaughter 1

Jan 17, 2006
Hampshire
Funeral

Hello everyone,

The funeral itself went smoothly. Nan was understandably distraught but managed to compose herself very quickly as soon as the funeral service finished. I had a cry but mostly because I didn't like seeing my Nan so upset. I actually coped with the whole coffin thing better than I thought.

I myself felt I was jinxed the whole day through. I don't know what my Grandad was trying to tell me!!!

1st there was the whole eye incident, then when I went to get dressed the zip on my skirt was stuck. After the funeral service when we went to view the flowers I realised that they had messed up my flowers. I had specifically asked for no lilies and there was a huge one in the middle of the arrangement!:mad:
Then to top it off, I got back to Nan's and it was pointed out to me that there was a tear in the back of my blouse!!!!!:eek:

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your support. I may still pop on for the time being if no-one minds.

Regards

Louise x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Louise

I'm glad the funeral went well, and it wasn't as bad as you expected. Don't worry about the things that went wrong, I'm sure everyone was very proud of you. I'm sure the flowers were lovely.

Please don't think you have to leave us, we're always here for you, whenever you need us, and you may feel like replying to other threads from time to time.

Thanks for letting us know how it went.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Louise,

So ithe funeral wasn`t as bad as you`d feared was it? You coped and did what was right and good, and now it`s over.

Take care of yourself and login to TP whenever you wish.

Love xx

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Now that eye sounds painful :( hope its healing up Ok ?

Pleased to read that the funereal was not as bad as you had perviously perceived

MunchkinsMum

Jan 27, 2011
Northampton
At the end of the day, i don't think it matters that much what you write, it's the process of struggling to find the words that's important.

It is such a difficult situation, my heart goes out to you. I think the words you suggested sound lovely and I agree... it is the process of doing these things, having to make these decisions which help us start to process what has actually happened.

When my Mum died I was very concious of doing what was expected of me but that stopped me actually getting my real feelings out.

Try not to worry about how you will be on the day. If you are the sort of person who likes to be busy it is a good idea to have a 'job' to do on the day.

Another thing that might be a good idea is making sure there is someone there to support you. It might not make sense but I have always found it good to have a friend who isn't falling apart to be my back up, it has meant I was then able to offer comfort to others.

I hope things go ok.

Flic

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
On a lighter side I bet your grandad would have had a good chuckle about what you may think were mishaps
Saying to himself " that is something on a lighter side that
will keep my memory forever in my loving grandaughters heart"