Grandad died.....

Grandaughter 1

Jan 17, 2006
Hampshire
......at 9.50am this morning peacefully with my Nan, Mum and Uncle by his side. I am a bit sad I wasn't there but he is at last in peace.

I've just had the most awful task of breaking the news to my 2 daughters. They have both had a good cry and my 5 year old broke my heart by saying "that means Nanny is all alone now" I said that we would have to give her big special hugs when we see her.

Many thanks to all those that have supported me and answered my posts.

Louise x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Louise,

I`m so sorry to hear your news and would like to offer my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences.

Take care, and remember TP is still here for you should you need it.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Louise

So sorry to hear that your grandad died. It was good that it was peaceful, and he is now beyond pain. It's going to be hard for you now to be strong for your nan and your daughters, but I know you can do it.

Please stay in touch with us, if it helps,

Love,

M

mickyinlondon

Hi Grandaughter.

I am a grandfather to 16; with more on the way; so I know a little of being a grandfather.

And as a grandfather that had the pleasure of knowing his grandchildren; and that they will go on to live another life in the long chain of family throughout time; he will know his life meant so much to you all, and the part he played in making it all possible.

You are sad now; but as long as you live; he will never be really gone, you will remember him, and all those happy times, they are inside you; and he is you.

I know I will go happy; knowing that I leave behind others that carry my mark, still alive, and living on this earth.

Yes it will hurt; but that is the price of loving some-one, if you never loved him; you would feel no loss and no pain.

His life was worth living; by having you all.

As a Grandfather; I tell you this .......Micky.

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
I said that we would have to give her big special hugs when we see her.
That's lovely, Louise, your Mum and Nan must be very proud of you.

Thinking of you, love from Hazel.

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Louise

Your Grandad is now at peace, as Micky says, he lives on in you and yours and the chain is unbroken.
Love is a wonderful legacy and it sounds like you and your Daughters have inherited something, that will last forever.

Take Care
Janetruth x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Sorry to read about your grandfather passing away

They have both had a good cry and my 5 year old broke my heart by saying "that means Nanny is all alone now"

Hope you don't mind me adding , that Nanny will never be alone because she has you all , even thought of course she miss him xx

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
mickyinlondon said:

And as a grandfather that had the pleasure of knowing his grandchildren; and that they will go on to live another life in the long chain of family throughout time; he will know his life meant so much to you all, and the part he played in making it all possible.

You are sad now; but as long as you live; he will never be really gone, you will remember him, and all those happy times, they are inside you; and he is you.

Yes it will hurt; but that is the price of loving some-one, if you never loved him; you would feel no loss and no pain.

His life was worth living; by having you all.

Micky.

Very wise words, Micky, and beautifully written.

Dear Louise, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you can be at peace knowing his suffering is over. Take care of you girls and yourself. Thinking of you.

lou lou

Nov 9, 2005
London
Dear Louise,
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It always comes as a shock, When my father died he had been ill for some time and was in hospital when he died but somehow I just imagined him going on forever.

But Micky is right, grief is the price we pay for love.

I lost a dear friend a few years ago who had already lost his wife, he died much too young leaving three young children. He came from Zimbabwe and he used to say to me that no one ever really dies until the last person left on earth who sometimes thinks about them also dies, so he will live on for a long time yet.

I'm sure your grandfather will be long thought about by you and your family, a legacy of love and affection is the greatest gift.

Kind regards

Lou Lou

Tina

May 19, 2006
So sorry to hear your grandad's passed away, Louise. Thinking of you and yours at this sad time. Hope you'll find comfort in the legacy of happy memories he has left you with.
Sincere good wishes and condolences,
Tina