Poor Piedsmum is poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasmineflower

Aug 27, 2012
Thank you for sharing your incredible journey. I have learnt so much from your posts.
There is so much love in this thread, you are an amazing family. May your lovely mum rest in peace. J xx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I'm so sorry on the loss of your mum, but relieved for her, and you, that she is now at peace. I hope you and your family can also find some peace.

I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling I have been with you at your mum's bedside over the last few days - thank you for sharing your journey.

Take care of you now x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sending my deepest sympathy and condolences on your loss Pied. You and your sister were towers of strength to the very end. It was so lovely to read that she died with a big smile on her face. You are both a credit to her. x

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Peace at last, freed from the torment of her fomer life to a place where there is no pain.

I felt very humbled by being able to read your thread, and your true determination to see it through to the end.

You were absolutely wonderful, no-one could have wished for better.

Be kind to yourselves, it prob really wont really sink in tonight, just take some time and know we are all here for you.

xx

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dearest friend,

The fact that your mum smiled warms my heart more than you could know. I am so sorry you have now lost your wonderful mum, but please know that we are all here for you in the hours, days, weeks and months to come.

Your mum made an extraordinary woman of you and will watch proudly as you continue in your life as she would have wanted.

She is now safe and free. May she finally rest, forever, in peace.

Much love to you, your sister and all the family who will miss her, xxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
i,ve followed your journey Pied and thank you for sharing.Your mum would have felt your love and I hope youfeel hers in the coming days.
Peace for you all now.

Wildflower

Apr 6, 2013
Brighton
Dear Pied,

I've been following your thread, and although I haven't commented, you, your sister and dear mum have been in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Your mum has now passed on and is free. The MS and dementia have gone forever.

Sending love and condolences xxx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Pied

You and your sis made your mum very happy and very proud, as she showed you at the end. Thinking of you all at this sad time.

Jan x

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Thinking of you and your family Pied, how wonderful that your mum was smiling. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your vigil. Please take care of yourself now, and we are still here for you in the days to come. You couldn't have done any more, and what you did was so loving. Your mum was so lucky to have you. Love xxxx

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
So sorry to hear of your dear mum passing. What wonderful girls you must be to have helped her pass so peacefully.

God bless

Gill

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Its good to hear that your dear Mum died so contentedly and left you with a smile - a wonderful memory for you to hold.

But now there will be big gap in your lives and I hope you find comfort from your family and friends, knowing how much care and support you gave your Mum during her most difficult times.

Time to take care of yourself now and TP is here for you whenever you need it.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I am sitting in a big bath but wanted to record my memory of tonight and share it here.
We were watching Carry on Doctor and I was just telling Sis about my visit to Edinburgh when I noticed that Sis's eyes were staring at Mum. We'd mentioned to each other that we could hardly hear her breaths, they got shallower and shallower but we thought that was cos T had got Mum into a very comfy position on her side facing us. We were just chatting. I thought Sis had seen Mum grimace and I said "what?" But Sis said, "She closed her mouth!" Bear in mind Mum has been doing open mouth breathing 24/7 since a week ago. I leaned over and looked and Mum gave a little gasp and moved her jaw up and down as though she was trying to talk, but she wasn't looking at us, she was staring right between us and then suddenly this huge smile lit up her face as though she had seen a beautiful or precious sight. She just smiled and died. We watched her fade away and just stroked her head, Sis held her hand and we talked about who she was going to meet and could she pass on our messages. It was amazing. We sat quiet with her just enjoying the peace and serenity and after ten minutes Sis went to tell and the nurse came and rang the GP who arrived very quickly and certified death and then we rang the undertaker and the tissue bank as Mum has donated her brain to the MS society. We then went and saw Mum again and all the carers went to say bye to Mum and then we got some things from Mum's room which was hard cos she wasn't in it any more and then we drove home. Oh and T gave us a sherry each.
How do I feel? Well I had a few tears at the thought of Mum being happy and then I stopped - I know I am going to weep for my loss but right now I do feel this huge relief that my mum cannot be hurt further by that vile disease of MS or dementia.
I am elated - yes - that's the right word, that we were both there at the end because it must have been what Mum wanted despite all our doubts and if you look back I had said I was going home at 4.30 for a shower and she died at 4.25.
Also I had spent two weeks worrying that I'd be on the loo when she died and I would not have kept my promise never to leave her and I kept my promise. I am just so pleased because I would have hated not being there. Wow. I was there at the end. I kept my promise. I didn't let her down.
That smile was a tremendous gift after all the suffering and it was not directed at me but at someone or something else in that room.
I wanted to post as I know you would want to hear how it happened as soon as I could tell you.
I rang some of Mum's friends and they were sad and it was so so nice to talk to the especially E who we called the day before Mum died.
Lots of love to everyone who sustained my spirit on this amazing, harrowing, traumatic, yet uplifting, soul strengthening story. I have a powerful ally in Heaven.
My son has just called through the bathroom door:"You're stronger than me, Mum." I will have to talk to him.
Mum goes to the big hospital tomorrow to do her next job of looking after researchers trying to find a cure for these awful illnesses that we all on here have struggled with.
Love

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
That's just wonderful Pied. What a beautiful way to go. Well done, your mum couldn't have asked for more.

Some flowers for you, an arrangement on a table at Launde. 1372012002473.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Talking Point mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.