Sleep Disturbance

Gordon9

Dec 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
:confused: Hello Everyone,

I am in what can be described as the early phases of a possible Dementia Diagnosis. My main sympton at the moment is short term memory loss.

Recently i have been been experiencing sleep disturbances. I.E kicking and punching,shaking and trembling and also i am making a variety of animal type noises. Usually in the morning around 1 hour before waking.

Is this a part of Dementia or should i be looking elsewhere ?

Any adeas would be welcome has all this is having a dire effect on my marriage and at this rate i shall probably find myself in the spare room before long.

Best wishes to you all

Gordon

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Gordon.

My husband had sleep disturbance only when he was taking medication for Alzheimers.

Now he sleeps through the night, just remembering dreams.

Are you taking any medication which might be responsible for your sleep disturbance Gordon.

If not, have you asked your GP.

I hope you get to the bottom of this. Wouldn`t want to think of you in the Spare Room.

Take care.

Gordon9

Dec 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
Sleep disturbances

Hi Aine,

My doc and neurologist have talked about an occult depression. They tried me on Citalopram but my doc now thinks they could be causing the sleep disturbances
and is weaning me off them.

I must say i dont feel either stressed or depressed. I take lots of exercise and allthough i am retired now have a busy lifestyle.

regards,

Gordon