Poor Piedsmum is poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Oh Pied , just read this & you are very lucky to have a Ex Nun Nursing your dear Mum & explains why M was able to give you Prayerful Comfort in your time of need

( sent you a P M hope it helps comfort you )

Much Love & Peace be with you Pied

Love & Hugs

Love Grove x x x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Apparently there's a chap here who likes watching the odd occasional adult film and M throws a towel over his TV as she goes in to talk to him so she can't see what he is watching!! :)

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Love it Pied ! & thanks for sharing am glad M has her own views on what film she wants to watch !

Much Love Grove x x

P S .... M has the correct idea & I would do the same in her shoes !

Last edited:

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Dear Also confused. Yes, that quote of Julian of Norwich is in my repertoire for comforting Mum and also myself!! X

As you can see from my signature and my last post to you, it is dear to me too, it kept coming to me during my last worrying about my Dad, I know Helen33 likes it too. It's very calming and comforting xxxx

geum123

May 20, 2009
I feel inadequate to offer words to help you Pied,
but it sounds as if the ex nun is a gift from heaven.

You are all in my thoughts.

A Good Night.

Close thine eyes and sleep secure,
Thy soul is safe, thy body sure;
He that guards thee, he that keeps,
Never slumbers, never sleeps.
A quiet conscience, in a quiet breast,
Has only peace, has only rest:
The music and the mirth of kings
Are out of tune, unless she sings.
Then close thine eyes in peace, and rest secure,
No sleep so sweet as thine, no rest so sure.

Francis Quarles (1592-1644)

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I quite liked this quote of hers too....

“He said not 'Thou shalt not be tempested, thou shalt not be travailed, thou shalt not be dis-eased'; but he said, 'Thou shalt not be overcome.”
― Julian of Norwich
In other words: "you will be put to test, you will be put upon, you may become diseased, but with God's help, you will overcome".

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
In God's name. Another lot of pressure relief. Another turn. More distress and staring eyes. But ten minutes later we are on cheyne stokes again.
This could seriously affect your mental health. I believe a torture method involves hurting your family in front of you :(
Morphine top up - 5 minutes ago. That's our only hope for relief for Mum. X

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Oh Pied , Am so sorry for you & your Sister having to cope with the mental side of it ( seeing your Mum in pain when the Staff do turn her etc ) & also sorry for your Mum being in pain like that

Wish could do or say some thing to help you Pied ( when you are suffering your self ) ( like if I was a Nurse etc )

Am still here for you Pied

Much Love , strength & Healing Hugs

Love Grove x x x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Every time I get close to losing her I want to grab her and hold her. It's the most peculiar time because I have no idea if I've seen the last breath til I see whether another one follows.
M is on duty at 9. I'm so pleased. Might need her:)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Pied, that final stage is so confusing. However much you want peace for your mum, you can't help willing that next breath to come.

Thank god for your former nun, she's Heaven sent for you. I'm hoping now your mum holds on until M is back.

Love, hugs and prayers,

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Pied,

My heart is also in my mouth, wanting this to be over for your mum, you and your sister, but I also understand that one more minute together would be good...just one more minute.

It truly is a conflict, where you want 2 things. To have your mum freed from all of this, yet to keep her. If only...

One of thise breaths will, of course, be her last, and when it comes you can ALL breathe again, for releasing her from the pain is your biggest wish when everything else on offer falls sadly short.

Keep going, my sweet. Stay strong, xxx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Talking Point mobile app

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
I loved reading what you said about your Aunt coming in and going to the loo as she was having to hang about waiting for your Mum.
Your love, humour and sheer goodness shines like a beacon.

I hope peace continues whatever the evening and early hours bring.
Hold close to yourself the truth that you have done the very best a daughter can do.
Don't doubt yourself, we are all witness to your loving commitment.

You are the child we all wish to have had.
Your Mum did a splendid job, she wouldn't want you to be afraid.

I hope peace and surety shares the room with three amazing ladies tonight.X

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Garnuft if you were here you'd chuckle as that joke about Aunty was an in joke - all Sis and me have done this week is "pop to the loo", as fast as possible, in case we missed Mum's passing. X

Status
Not open for further replies.