I love you, Patricia

maccare

Dec 31, 2012
A few weeks ago she started falling. Got a walker, wouldn't use it - "didn't need it". I kept telling her if she kept it up, she would fall, hit her head and that would be it. Last Thursday morning I checked on her around 3AM and she was OK. When next I checked at 6AM she was lying in a large pool of blood on the living room carpet. As near as I can tell she fell, tried to get up, and hit the back of her head on a piece of furniture causing a one inch gash while bled profusely. She didn't call for me and I didn't hear anything. She sat up and I asked her if she wanted me to 911. No. I was trying to figure out if I could handle the damage, and decided not. 911 and the ER straight to the operating room for X-ray, a cat-scan, and a couple staples. It was only a one inch cut but lost a lot of blood. They decided to keep her overnight for observation. One doctor said I could take her home. Bad advice. Spent five days in the hospital with me on 24 hour watch to keep her from getting out of bed, then to Hospice in-patient facility. She stopped eating and drinking while in the hospital and that was the beginning of the end. The hospital and Hospice people were excellent. She was calm and comfortable on her way out at 10PM Monday. I got one of those messages from above at 7PM to go see her and took the opportunity to do a review of our 50 year marriage. I think she heard me.

I had it in my head that I was going to take care of her at home until the end. After watching the hospital staff, and the Hospice crew, I decided there was no way I could have taken care of her at home.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am so sorry that you have lost your lovely Patricia.
You gave her your love and your care for a long time but, I know, not as long as you would have wanted. Sending lots of sympthy.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so very sorry to read that your lovely Patricia has gone. Your love for her shines through. Sending you my condolences and wishing you strength for the days, weeks and months to come. Take care. x

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
It's all a person can want, the love of their life beside them talking about the long life they've had together, a painful but loving goodbye.

I wish you strength and solid remembrance for the hard times.x

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
So sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm sure she heard you - it seems like she waited for you ... I'm so glad for you and her that you were able to be there with her

Lots of love for the days to come

xxxxx

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello maccare, my sincere condolences to you on the death of Patricia.

turbo

Pross

Mar 2, 2013
South east
Oh maccare, I'm so sorry. At least you were there for her all the time and after 50 years you will have so many memories to walk beside you.
Big hug. Pross.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry for your loss maccare. We too have been married 50 years so I feel something of your pain.

Farmergirl

May 24, 2011
Cornwall
Very touched by your honest post. Im so glad that you and Patricia seemed to be able to have some time at the end. My sincere condolences on your loss.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
So sorry Maccare on the loss of Patricia. She heard you I'm sure.She must have gained comfort from your presence.

Take extra care

Hugs Lyn T

60's child

Apr 23, 2013
suffolk
I am so sorry to hear that you have lost Patricia. So heartbreaking for you and your family.

Last edited by a moderator:

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Patricia. I'm sure she heard you and knew you were there with her to the end. Take care and take great comfort with the wonderful memories you have of your long life together x

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan