Economy bathroom/water saving!!!!

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Oh dear a new development, MIL has a commode in her bedroom which she thankfully uses at night or if she has a lay down in the day. But now she has started to not see the toilet roll so instead she is steadily getting through her hankies and we find them hanging over the back of the commode wet. Not sure if she is using them to wipe her bottom or to wash her hands in her urine! I only say that because when she washes her face she does a big nose blowing effort into the flannel and then smears it all around her neck!

I said to G we will have to throw out the hankies now. He said but what do we do if she starts using the pillow cases instead. We'll have none left!:(

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
Oh dear

could you start giving her paper tissue hankies? She will get used to them eventually. We had a similar problem with Mum and found this a solution

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Second guess...........no

She has got paper tissues but unfortunately not realising what was going to develop we have found all her material ones and gave them to her! So I think it is a case of throw each one away as it comes out of 'hiding'

Thank you for answering because I thought she was the only one who did this. It is hard to keep up with the events as they unravel in a downwards spiral, unfortunately

But it never ceases to surprise us what the next odd thing is going to be. We can never second guess it as it is never what you would have thought

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
My mum didn't see the toilet roll (at times) either and started using the hand towels to wipe herself, now there are no hand towels in the bathroom and she is using tissues and toilet roll (I put out bits otherwise she would use the whole roll!), I have that antibacterial gel for washing hands which (for the moment) seems to be working.

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Yes we have also taken out all our towels and flannels as we have seen her blowing her nose on our towel or flannels :eek: As soon as she has gone up to bed we put them in and take them out in the morning! We seemed to be forever walking round with wet hands or washing in the kitchen :D

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
My husband also used to use hand towels to wipe his bottom - very embarrassing when my mum collected him once from his Day Centre and he used her hand towels for this purpose:eek::eek:

jen75

Mar 20, 2012
So nice to know my mum isn't the only one! Although she tends to keep toilet roll in her pants which then makes an appearance when she wants to blow her nose - sometimes j don't know whether to laugh or cry. I threw out all the fabric hankies and constantly throw the paper ones when I see them! Good luck and hopefully you'll take some comfort in knowing that she's not the only one