A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
What good news. I love when they smile. It lights up our hearts.

So glad you had a good visit. Hope you feel relaxed and at ease knowing he was in good spirits and so responsive.

Take care,

Stephanie, xxx

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Warm eyes and a lovely smile.

I hope your back continues to heal Sylvia, it's probably the break from sitting leaning that's helped.

Glad things are a little better all round. X

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks so much folks.

I really must try to remember this and to know one or two down days might be just that and not a downturn set in stone.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
What a relief for you Sylvia, so good to see Dhiren's lovely smile again.

Dementia certainly is a learning curve. I seem to have been learning all of the ten years with it and continue to learn anew yet again.

I often wonder where they go in their own world.... Often the words of a song keep going through my mind "Where do you go to my lovely..."

You will feel more relaxed, and I'm pleased for you that your back is much better and your confidence travelling is returning.

Loo xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sylvia,

I really must try to remember this and to know one or two down days might be just that and not a downturn set in stone.

It wasn't one or two down days Sylvia. There had been a marked difference in Dhiren since having that chest infection and then he had that funny turn when he was sent to the hospital. This has been several weeks. It would be quite natural to wonder if there had been a downturn because of the length of time Dhiren has not been 'as he was pre infection'. It is good to hope for recovery because it has been known that in a lot of cases there is good recovery but it always seems to take a long time. In my experience with Alan he would recover perhaps 95% but there was always just that little bit of something that didn't ever return. I was always glad though for the 95%. After that first experience with Alan my lesson was that I would never give up hope without waiting for between 8-12 weeks after any kind of infection - even very minor infections.

That picture of Dhiren is a delight:) Dhiren's demeanour and his face gave good insight into how your heart would be feeling that day:)

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My back is much better thanks Deborah and I managed to change my bed today and put some washing out. I was very careful and it`s not as if I had to go down to the river to wash the bedding is it?

When Dhiren was asking to `go home` yesterday, I told him about my bad back and said I`m not much use to him apart from being able to give him kisses and bananas. :)

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I gave up trying to work out why my dad was down one day and up the next - just learned to hold on tight as we rode the rollercoaster that is dementia.

Lovely second picture of Dhiren, he looks very chilled :). I'm glad your back is bit better Sylvia, don't overdo it!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I gave up trying to work out why my dad was down one day and up the next - just learned to hold on tight as we rode the rollercoaster that is dementia.
!

I know Sue. I remember you engaging with your dad by taking his favourite tipple when you visited.

Paul was delighted with the change in Dhiren today, so that makes two good days in a row . He too had been worried during the last few weeks but hadn`t conveyed quite how much until today. I suppose he was trying to protect me.

It was a different story today. They were planning a Golfing Holiday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.