Travelling

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Yesterday I went into town on the bus to sort out my new glasses as a trial run for my impending trip to stay with a friend in Charmouth.

The travelling went ok but I got in a bit of a state and it was a good job I was wearing my "Tena's" which has undermined my confidence a bit:eek:

I'm sure it was just a blip but I now feel unsure about going away and think I may postpone it

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Aw Sarah don't let it spoil your going away, as you say it will probably be just a blip and you will be fine,

Hugs from Jeany xx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Sorry you feel a bit 'unsure' Sarah, I'm sure it's just a blip and you'll be OK and it will do you the world of good to be with your friend. But, maybe you'll feel better if you postpone til you feel a bit stronger. Take it easy on yourself
Sue
xx

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I have cancelled the trip to Charmouth I just dont feel right at the moment and felt a sense of peace once I'd rung my friend and explained

I'm really disappointed as I was so looking forward to going but I will try and arrange something with her for next month.

yesterday I felt very depressed but today I feel a bit better but I hardly slept at all last night.
I know this sounds silly but I couldnt remember what position I normally go to sleep in and at 4.30a.m. I was still trying out different positions trying to remember how I normally sleep

Last edited:

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I'm sure you are disappointed but if you don't feel up it, you would only put yourself under too much pressure.

Love and hugs Helen x x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I agree with Helen Sarah.

It`s sad you`ve missed your trip but far better than to be anxious and unsure when travelling alone. The fact you felt peace once you`d made the decision speaks for itself.

There will be other opportunities to visit your friend.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Is the weather nice enough with you to have a doze in the garden Sarah? Not sleeping is not nice, but glad you feel a bit better.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Good for you Sarah, I bet it was nice outside. Hope you do sleep better. I'm watching Chelsea Flower Show so virtual gardening;)

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Sounds to me like you've done exactly the right thing, Sarah. Your trip was supposed to be a pleasure, so if it was causing you such anxiety I think you were right to cancel. I agree with Sylvia, your sense of peace once you'd made the decision means it was the right one.

Could your friend come to see you, instead, maybe?

As for trying to find your comfy sleeping position, I understand completely. I suffer from the torture ;) that is restless legs, and no matter how tired I am, if my legs start bothering me, that's it, I'm tossing and turning, trying to get comfortable, for hours.

Hope you have a better night tonight.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Thanks everyone I am hoping to try again in a couple of weeks or a month I need the break and it does me good to stretch myself but on this occassion I knew it would be a stretch too far!

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Good thinking Sarah, it'll be good when you're ready for it and not before.

If it's any comfort, I hate going away and I hate being at home... :confused: XXX

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I am preparing for my trip to Charmouth on Weds AM feeling nervous about the travelling its such a long journey

Twice in the last week I have fallen over which has been quite painful and unnerving

My shoulder was so painful after the 1st fall took extra painkiller last night felt better this morning and then fell down in the veg patch this afternoon now my neck hurts too.

But I am going away
comewhat may

just need to find my list of what i need to pack:eek::eek:

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Love & Hugs

Hi Sarah , Sorry your neck hurts but :) for you that you found your *LIST * for your Holiday Have a lovely , lovely time & safe travel

** HANDY TRAVEL ADVICE ** ( it helped me remember the Bus Times etc when I was NOT in my Town / Area )

On some Note Paper I wrote down the names of all the Towns was travelling through & next to each Town wrote down the Bus Times for each Bus that I had to get on & the Departure Time etc ( It was a BIG Help as knew what time the Bus went )

Hope this helps & was thinking it might help you ? Just write down all your Train Times etc & if you have to change Train the name of the Town / Station & what time Train you have too get ( sorry if its all a bit :confused: ing for you & please ignore if you want too ! )

The Note Paper I had with all the Bus Times on put in my small bag so could look at it quickly

Take Care & have a good Holiday

Love Grove x x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sarah,

I was sorry to read about the falls:eek: I have fallen down the stairs twice and fallen up them once just recently:eek: It is very unnerving. Hopefully, your determination to go to visit your friend come-what-may will have it's rewards. I will be wishing you well on your journey and hope that you feel a sense of being looked after. Plus, of course, that you have a fabulous time when you actually get there. All us TPers will be waiting to see what photos you have to delight us with.

Love