career's benefits advise

mike001

Apr 27, 2013
Hi,
My partner has dementia and i'm caring all the time for her, i'm younger and not yet get a pension,...I was just wondering if there is any other benefits i could claim or is the career's alowance i get the only thing as i feel guilty letting her pay for most things as i got no savings or anything since i had to stop working to look after her. She gets dla and her state pension and a tinny pension credit extra (I seem to be on that to for some reason, don't understand it very well). She owns her flat and got a bit of savings.
She pays a reduced coucil tax but seems not being able to pay none due to me living with her. Any advice would be welcome, ty very much

Mike.

mike001

Apr 27, 2013
Hi,
Coming back to this, i just called everywhere and was told i could not claim income support for my self on top of my career's allowance due to the fact that my partner (who's got the dementia) has a capital over 16000 £ although it's not my money and would never have access to it, it makes it sound very harsh consedering looking after her all the time and got almost no money of my own !

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951