My dad's passed away - thank you to TP for all your support

lulu21

Jun 22, 2011
Cheshire UK
My dad passed away peacefully last Friday. After all the chaos and upset of his last weeks in hospital fighting infections and becoming more and more frail, he just slipped away quietly in the nursing home with me sitting by his bedside. I'm grieving for him, but I'm glad he's free of all the pain and anguish now. I want to thank AS and especially members of the TP forum for the enormous amount of support and advice I've been able to find here over the past couple of years - I really don't know how I'd have managed without it at times. My heart goes out to all of you having to deal with this dreadful illness.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear lulu21, I'm really sorry to hear the news about your dad. My condolences to you and your family. x

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Please accept my condolences too. It is good to know that your dad passed away peacefully, and I hope that can give you some comfort in the days ahead X

60's child

Apr 23, 2013
suffolk
So sorry Lulu21. At least it was peacful. I am sure that will be a comfort to you in the coming months. Thinking of you and your family/
Dee xx

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello lulu, I'm sorry to read your sad news about your dad. My sincere condolences.

turbo

KatieB

Nov 22, 2010
Glasgow
Dear Lulu, I am sorry for your loss. It's lovely that your were able to be by his side right to the end.
Katiexxx

littlegem

Nov 11, 2010
north Wales
Dear lulu21,
so sorry to hear about your dear Dad's passing.
I hope the fact that he was peaceful was some comfort to you and your family.
God bless
xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry Lulu

I hope that despite your sadness you will find some time to reflect on the good times you had with your Dad. I'm glad that at the end it was peaceful.So sorry.

Look after yourself

Love from Lyn t

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read of your loss. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength for the days and weeks to come. x

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Dear Lulu, I am so sorry for the brave battle dad has gone through, and the sadness that now has overcome you, may you have peace and wonderful memories of past times and wishing you strength for the days ahead.
Chris x

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
So sorry to hear the news about your dad. I am glad that you were able to be with him. Take care of yourself.

Fiona

BlueJellybean

May 21, 2012
Surrey
My heart goes out to you Lulu. I am pleased you were able to be by his side as he slipped away into a more peaceful place. We have or will all go through this one day :( but we can be assured that this terrible illness is no longer with our loved ones.
Big hugs coming your way and your families. xxxxx