mum is very ill

nicetotalk

Sep 22, 2006
stretford
Hi linda

iam so very sorry you are haveing to go through this but i agree 110% that you have made the right decision. I went through the same thing with my mum last year its just heartbraking but you have done the right thing. In the end of my mums life they had to stop the drip as well as this was making things much worse for her you take care

thinking of you at this very sad time
kathy

plastic scouser

Sep 22, 2006
Hale Village, Liverpool
Linda,

Sorry to hear about this. So many of us have been here and no matter what we say it won't make you feel any better.

All I can say is remember how your Mum was, not how she is now, remember that she knows that you love her with all your heart and that what you are doing is because you love her so much.

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
I too would like to add my support to you in all that you are going through. I find it difficult to make the smallest decisions so my thoughts are with you as you make this big one.

lindaj

Jan 15, 2007
Nottingham
Mum passed away at 2.10am this morning very peacefully. The first day after we made the decision to stop the antibiotics was a strain we began to wonder if we had done the correct thing. They decided to stop keeping her hydrated yesterday because she wasn't absorbing the fluid so there was no point. After that she went down hill very quickly thankfully. We now know that we made the right decision mums suffering is over.

Thankyou for everyones support.

Linda

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Linda

I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Love

Jennifer

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Linda

So sorry to hear of your mum's passing. Be assured that you made the right decision in allowing nature to take its course. Don't ever let doubts creep in.

This is a sad time for you, and you will have so many arrangements to make. If you can, come and tell us how you are getting on.

I'll be thinking of you.

Love,

Helena

May 24, 2006
Sorry to hear the news Linda however you made the correct decision

Your Mum like mine would not have wanted to see herself in the confused state she was in so CDiff is actually a blessing

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Linda, After years of suffering the end for your mother was peaceful. You know you made the right decision.

I would like to offer my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences to you and your family.

With love xx

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
I don't know if you are religeous, my Mum always calls Sunday 'Gods Day'.
As you say Linda, you made the right choice and your Mums suffering is now over.
I hope you and your family will get some commfort from those thoughts.

Hope you still keep posting.
Take Care
Janetruth x

hawaii50

Dear Linda
My thoughts and prayers are will you at this sad time. We did the same for my dad when he was dying of pnemonia after a long period in hospital with a stroke. We never regretted that decision.

She is at rest after a long difficult journey - be at peace yourself now too - you did the best thing possible and cared for her lovingly till the end.
Elspeth

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Linda,

Just wanted to say how sorry I am, but you made the right decision. I am glad your mum's passing was peaceful.

Still thinking of you, your mum and your family.

Sue xx

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
My deepest sympathies are with you. I'm so glad for all of you that your mother's passing was peaceful. As others have said, your decision was the right one - always remember that, even in the dark hours. May you find peace and comfort in knowing she is in peace and without pain.

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
So deeply sorry . as you may know the same thing happened with my sister Win just over a month ago. The decision was very hard but the right one. It sounds a peaceful end for your Mum but for Win it was very hard and I still have nightmares of her last couple of days.

My thoughts are with you.

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Linda

Very very sorry you've lost your mother. Be comforted that she went peacefully and you did your very best for her.

Thinking of you.

Tina

May 19, 2006
So very sorry, Linda. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time. The loss is so hard to bear, but may you find a little bit of relief and comfort in knowing she is at peace now.
Hugs, Tina

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75