A Great Lady has just died

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I visited the nursing home today to give mum her lunch and found her as I thought, fast asleep. When I tried to wake her up I realised that she had died. God bless the lovely woman who was my mum

My son wrote on his facebook page the following:

A great, feisty and powerful lady has just died. My grandmother, Ivy Todd, who passed away this lunchtime. A working class woman thro and thro, I think it would please her to know she outlived Thatcher, even by a day.

xxTinaT

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Tina. I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. I did like your son's FB comment. She sounds like a wonderful woman. Sending you my condolences at this sad time. Take care. x

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Tina

So sorry to hear of your sad loss, she sounds a wonderful lady, you must be so proud to be her daughter.

My condolences to you and your family.

Helen x

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
It sounds like your Mother died peacefully. You have been a wondeful daughter to her and your son seems to be following the family trait. You have my sympathy for your loss. Remember her and smile.x.x.

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
So sorry to hear of the loss of your mum but glad that she died peacefully.

Sending you my love at this difficult time xx

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
Bless you and lovely mum. And your son for writing such a brilliant post - thinking of you all during the difficult times and hoping you'll be able to remember your mum in happier times as the days go by
xxxx

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
More pain for you Tina. Your Mum's final battle is fought.

Thinking of you and your dear, feisty Mum, your Son's post is wonderful, love is something you can't buy.
XXX

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Dear Tina,

So sorry to hear your news. No matter how prepared we might be, it is always a shock. Loved your son's comments! Your mum sounds like a wonderful woman and as they say, the apple doesn't fall from the tree. You have been with her throughout her journey even when you were having to manage a lot of pressures at the same time. You are an example to us all, Tina.

Take Care,

Fiona

turmoil

Feb 3, 2013
West Yorkshire
I am so sorry for your loss, you must be in shock. Your Mum sounds like a great lady from your Son's fb tribute post. Take care of yourself now, your Mum is safe x

Turmoil x

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
My mum was quirky, funny, unpredictable, generous, awkward and difficult. She didn't take well to illness, bossed me around, was irritable, and completely hated being at the mercy of anyone. Alongside this she had all the problems which having Az brings in its wake and at times I found her impossible to cope with over the last few years.

But underneath all that my mother remained herself, tough and awkward and even towards the end reminded me that she was Ivy Todd, not a disease, not a sufferer of AZ but a person to be taken account of, her own unique person.

Thank you all, each and every one of you for your lovely comments and condolencies.

xxTinaT