This is what's made my day

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
OH has just got up- don't ask.Was getting him dressed and he said 'I don't think you know how much I appreciate all this'

So my day is made and I should forget all the negativity.

'The past is a foreign country : they do things differently there.' My all time favourite book- The Go Between by L.P. Hartley

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Gordon says this to me sometimes too It is lovely when that happens. Glad it has happened to you today

Love Jeannette

Thanks jeanette, sometimes just when you think there is nothing left, a light shines and yes this day of all days it was lovely. Hope you and Gordon are ok.

Daisy48

Sep 7, 2012
North Staffordshire
Oh what a lovely thing to say to you. We must cling to these fragments of sunshine.

Dad said to me last week(after weeks of no speech),
"It's so tricky and for you too",and a single tear slipped down his cheek.We hugged for a long time.

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
I call them lightbulb moments - someone somewhere flicks the switch and the light goes on inside.

My dad was studying me very closely one day when I had a bit of a cold - blowing my nose and sneezing. He stares a lot - usually very blankly but he said suddenly (he hardly speaks at all now), and clearly 'oh dear, have you got the sniffles?' which is something he always used to say when I was a little girl!

It was wonderful, breathtaking and sad, all at once

Miss Merlot

Oct 15, 2012
Funnily enough, I read this thread earlier today, and basically thought huh I'd be lucky to ever get a similar comment from MIL...

OH and I took her out for a Mother's Day dinner tonight (I had to leave my sick bed for the first time since the op, and was nearly dying at the table), and then out of the blue (on what was otherwise not a very good night, memory-wise) she suddenly piped up how happy she was that we take her out so often, and - when I said oh well it's lucky we live so close to be able to - she responded that, well, other children wouldn't do the same even then...

Made our day too :):):)

minniemouse01

Nov 27, 2012
scotland
Always lovely to be appreciated, but even more so under the umbrella of Dementia. My lovely Dad tells me every day that he loves me, as I do him. Long may he be able to do so :)

M xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I remember some of these moments and am so pleased that you have been given such a treasure today Bemused:)

It is wonderful to read that others, too, have these moments which are priceless:)

Love

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Funnily enough, I read this thread earlier today, and basically thought huh I'd be lucky to ever get a similar comment from MIL...

OH and I took her out for a Mother's Day dinner tonight (I had to leave my sick bed for the first time since the op, and was nearly dying at the table), and then out of the blue (on what was otherwise not a very good night, memory-wise) she suddenly piped up how happy she was that we take her out so often, and - when I said oh well it's lucky we live so close to be able to - she responded that, well, other children wouldn't do the same even then...

Made our day too :):):)

That Miss Merlot is what makes it special, even for my oh who I love I think day in day out, do you have any idea??? You live in your own little world which nothing impinges on while I crumble. But suddenly, yes even for a moment you do know. I'm glad you had a moment as well, for you it must be even better than for me.

I think everyone knows why I shared this, even the darkest cloud has the very occasional silver lining.

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I am reading a book And still the music plays at the moment.

The chapter I read this morning has given me great insight ( I hope) into how my husband may feel and react to certain situations.

Today has started with a quietness and peace about it all due to that chapter.

I hope your day has started well too bemused. and Miss Merlot

Jeannette

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
It did thank you Jeanette. I'm glad to hear yours did too.
I was looking at that book the other day, now you have convinced me it is worth buying.

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
The chapter was " something about his smile"

I was not convinced it was a good buy until that chapter. I hope you get something out of it. Even if it is only one chapter it is worth it.

It has cntinued to help me as the morning has gone on.

I recently finished I am still here or something like that and I'm afraid that one turned me off at the beginning however I did go on and found a little help but not much.

Love J.

Pullinpants

Feb 4, 2013
Bristol
Kind words

It's great when these moments happen.

My Grandad had a fall on Friday night so we spent all of Saturday in hospital with him. He was very agitated as he missed a few doses of medication. He also didn't help himself by bashing his head on a wall where he'd already hit it. The saddest part was when my Dad and I had to restrain him so the nurse could take his blood - his poor tired eyes looked very distressed. Just before I left him in the evening, he took my hand and quietly said "Thank you for looking after me". Grandad doesn't always know who I am but he knew that I was there because I loved him. Made my stressful day much easier!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cat09