Blast

Lulabelle

Jul 2, 2012
South West France
Oh Helen poor you and Tom.
Codeine is a very powerful painkiller so could be adding to his confusion. I think jenniferpa is right - you should try to get him out of there asap if you are sure he is not injured.
Good luck and thinking of you both.
Lulabelle

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m not surprised Tom is confused.

I can`t believe the nurse didn`t know he was blind and surely the fact he has dementia was in his notes.
This is awful.

PeggySmith

Apr 16, 2012
BANES

I can`t believe the nurse didn`t know he was blind and surely the fact he has dementia was in his notes.
This is awful.

Nothing to add, it's all been said. Sending vibes as hard as I can for you to be strong enough to get him out of there. Good luck and hugs:)

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent

This is awful.

Absolutely shocking that the staff don't know

Helen
I sincerely hope that Tom is well enough for you to have him home today providing you feel able to cope as your Poor Tom must be so sore everywhere .

Helen Please please look after yourself .
I know you need to be their to fight Tom's corner and ensure he has good care but please pace yourself

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Helen,

Thinking of you and Tom and hoping that some good will come out of this. Perhaps it might lead to you getting a little imported care at home for Tom?

I suspect he is bound to be very confused after what has happened and Tom finding himself in very unfamiliar circumstances.

Love and a (HUG)

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Feel so sad to read this and hope Tom is back home with you today. If not just stay with him I did with my husband there was no shifting me!

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
They would not let me stay overnight with my husband either although I was allowed from 8.00am to 8.00pm and when you said a nurse did not know he was blind or had AD this was exactly what happened to my David too.

I felt like digging an escape tunnel.

I was too scared to just take him home but now if it happened again I definitely would.

Thinking of both you and Tom.

love Tre

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Thanks everyone we are home!

Very caring and compassionate nurse this morning, gave us both a kiss when we left, so it can be done, she was the only one on the ward to care what happened to a deaf blind guy!

Tom is very stiff and sore but glad to be home. Telling me fantastic tales of his supposed adventures in the hospital:rolleyes:

Helen x

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Had a text from Nellbelles at 1.08pm today

Tom is home, very sore but ok

Get the impression she stayed with tom last night. No doubt she will update when she can

There you go.... Great minds think alike :)

Last edited:

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
So glad Tom is home, where you can care for him. I am glad that there was a good nurse on this morning and also that Tom is Ok, if a bit battered and bruised.

Give him a gentle hug from me and give yourself a huge hug.

Jan x

Thanks 2jays for the update.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
So glad you got him out Helen. You both need to take it very easy for the next few days.

P.S. If they gave him dihydrocodeine I wouldn't be at all surprised at anything he says: that always makes me have the most vivid "waking nighmares". I've never taken LSD but I suspect that the experience is similar.:eek:

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Tom thinks we have been away and the bed there gave him the painful back!

He said the people we met were nice, that's true, there was a lovely couple there he had been knocked off his bike and has lost a couple of days!

Helen x

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
So glad you're both back home.
I hope Tom isn't aching too much, it always aches more afterwards doesn't it?

If Tom's had the equivalent of LSD I think you're allowed a glass of something that relaxes you too. :)

Just watch yer bloomin' feet on the stairs.

So glad you're both home. X

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
So glad you got him out Helen. You both need to take it very easy for the next few days.

P.S. If they gave him dihydrocodeine I wouldn't be at all surprised at anything he says: that always makes me have the most vivid "waking nighmares". I've never taken LSD but I suspect that the experience is similar.:eek:

Thanks Jennifer they gave him some this morning but didn't give him any to bring home, he has pain patches anyway.

Helen x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Helen,

Just logged in to see how things were going for you. Glad that you are both back home. When I first stayed in hospital with this illness it was an utter nightmare and there was only one decent nurse that I came across in the whole week:eek: I was so hoping it would be different for Tom.

It is such a blessing that Tom hasn't broken any bones.

Love to you both

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso