My Mother

posford1

May 4, 2012
I collected Mum from the home on Christmas Day - it will be the first Christmas she hasn't spent the night with the rest of the family after Christmas dinner and I was worried about taking her back and how she might feel. I was going to collect her on Boxing Day again - it was just the nights we felt we couldn't handle. The day went very well; she recognised all of us and her grand-children and was really composed, happy and affectionate. When I took her back, one of the other residents was waiting by the lift and she couldn't find her home - very distressed. Mum took charge quite naturally. She said, stay and have dinner with us, you can have a bed for the night and we'll look for your house in the morning. At midnight I got a call and she was unwell. By Boxing Day afternoon I had arranged to meet the ambulance at the hospital. She had a terrible infection but after the painkillers in the drip, was quiet. My sisters, my brother and I stayed with her until the end during the afternoon of the 27th. She wasn't conscious and seemed peaceful. It had been a lovely Christmas Day and a peaceful end but oh how I miss her. She was the best.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello posford1, I am sorry to read your sad news about your mum and send you my sincere condolences.

turbo

together

May 25, 2010
Derbyshire
Dear Posford1,
So sorry to hear about your Mum, it must have been such a shock. Sending love and strength and hoping you can hold onto happy memories xxx

luda

Jan 27, 2013
you will miss her if you didn't, it would mean you didn't care.. you have your memories and no one can take them away from you, so treasure them, and she will always be with you...xxx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Posford1,
I'm so sorry to hear about your sad news but your mother did give you one last, lovely Christmas, didn't she? That memory is such a treasure.

minniemouse01

Nov 27, 2012
scotland
sending condolences to you. There is nothing worse than losing your Mum, I know. You have the memories of your Christmas together, and many others before.

Look after yourself, it is always a shock, speak of her often and with a smile. :)

kind regards

M xx