How many researchers worldwide working on causes & cure for Alzheimer's?

Gregory S

Feb 1, 2013
I have been searching for a definitive answer to -
How many researchers worldwide are working on causes & a cure for Alzheimer's?

There seems to be so much information from the different countries / global economies, though not much on numbers of people carrying out research.

Does anyone have any useful tidbits?

Many thanks,
Greg

NeverGiveUp

May 17, 2011
Excellent question, and how much research is taking place on vascular dementia. Incredible that a person can be diagnosed , told there is no medication or help, family is just left to struggle on their own.

Where is all the reseach? Must be a list somewhere as researchers have to know what is being looked at so they don't duplicate.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Alzheimers research UK says that "We have now funded over 434 research projects across the UK with a value of over £43 million. Right now we are supporting 140 research projects worth over £20 million. All of this research is carried out in leading universities by top scientists."
http://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/research/

Coletta

Jan 6, 2009
Souh East Essex
I don't know about your specific question, but I was 'researching' stem cell treatment in the hope I might find help for my son's condition (not Alzheimers), and was interested to see Alzheimers mentioned as one of the illnesses which could benefit from adult stem cell treatment. I had not heard of this before.

Coletta

sassym

Account Closed
Sep 26, 2013
Researchers at the INRS a university dedicated to medical research and encompassing four centers in Quebec, Canada have identified a new way to potentially diagnose Alzheimer’s as well as determine its severity.

Reference: doctorshealthpress.com/brain-function-articles/memory-articles/finally-a-way-to-diagnosis-alzheimers-before-it-kills