Have you seen duplicate words in posts?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
John (Beechmount) indicated in another thread that he sometimes sees a post where the last word of a line is sometimes duplicated (either on the same line or on the next). I'm trying to track down what the problem might be but it's difficult because I am not seeing the same problem.

So I'm asking everyone - if you see this happen could you please post here, indicating which post it is and (really this would be great because I haven't seen it) if possible a screen shot. Then maybe I can track it down.

Thanks muchly.

Worried Woman

Jan 7, 2006
Dorset
Jennifer,

I have noticed this in loads of posts, but never thought to mention it. It seems to be peculiar to this site.

I bet if I look now I won't be able to find any, but I will let you know when I do.

Not sure if I can manage a screen shot though!

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
That would be great (well not great that it's happening but you know what I mean) :).

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
Do you have a keyboard that has a key marked PrtSc underneath SysReq. If so, you can hold down the alt key and hit this key, this copies the current screen to your clipboard, you can then paste this into Paint and save it. then you can include it with a post for Jennifer

Last edited:

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Not seen duplicate lines but seem to see a lot of posts, not all, that have an additional small white empty text box at the bottom of the post, I can see it in WW's post above this one but not on the earlier ones in this thread. Sorry can't screen shot

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
I can't see the duplicate word (post #?1) or the empty text box (post#5?)

I'm using Windows - I wonder if it's something to do with i-Pad/Phones?

beech mount

Sep 1, 2008
Manchester
Yes JP, i am seeing "line line" glad i am not alone, and i am using Windows, and JP, i noticed that you typed to the end of the page!
John.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
When you say "end of the page" you're talking about horizontally, yes? But you're not seeing it in the line below that one?

beech mount

Sep 1, 2008
Manchester
Yes JP, I see "line" at the end of the line repeated at the begining of the next line.
Yes it is horizontal, do you do vertical typing!
John.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Yes JP, I see "line" at the end of the line repeated at the begining of the next line.
Yes it is horizontal, do you do vertical typing!
John.

End of page normally mean the bottom of the page. You're talking about the point the text reaches the right side margin.

NeverGiveUp

May 17, 2011
I don't see it - IE9 with windows vista

A suggestion, Jennifer start a new thread. beech mount have a look to see if the problem is there, if so, go to the reply screen and scroll down to see the original post - does the duplicate word appear there as well? There are too many replies for the original post to show up on this thread.

There have been several odd things happening the last couple of days - no virus is there? I had about 6 old thread notifications from weeks ago appear in my in box.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Nevergiveup - these were threads you had previously subscribed to but there weren't actually any recent posts to? Could you let me know which ones, or even just a couple? I ask because sometimes we get people posting spam, those posts are deleted, but you will get a notification in your mail box and you'll look at the thread and think "What?"

Last edited:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Good wishes had spam that was deleted (17th Jan). I can't actually find the 'Can you believe it !!!!' thread Was that in the Tea Room? because the words are too short for the TP search engine and I tried google but it wouldn't pick it up if it was in the Tea Room

Ah I found it. Yes that thread also had spam posted to (on the same day, in fact, same spam). I'm reasonably certain that's why you got the indication that there were new posts - there were but they were removed PDQ.

Last edited: