My life has taken another cruel turn.

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Wasn't sure where to post this but here goes.

A year ago today Mum was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and seventeen days later passed from this life and was released from Dementia and all her sorrows.

Four weeks ago I was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. I was to have a Pet Scan tomorrow, to determine if there is any spread and to ascertain whether the tumor is operable. The scanner has broken so no scan for me, tomorrow.

The uncertainty of my condition is agonizingly hard to endure and this further delay is driving me to the edge at an alarming rate.

Following the constant lack of support from the GP who was in charge of Mum, until her death, I was determined never to return to him. It took me until November to finally register with a new GP. I was not having any major health problems only a tickly dry cough and a slight wheeze. I actually thought these symptoms could be due to an allergy from the cat which was Mums' and that I adopted when Mum died.

The new GP sent me for an Xray which revealed a problem so after further tests confirmed the presence of cancer the scan I was to have had tomorrow would have enabled the doctors involved to plan my treatment.

The wait goes on.

After my struggle with Mum and her suffering from Dementia I am not always sure that I can summons the strength to fight the fight for my life.

Positive vibes will be gratefully received.

Hazel

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Hazel

What a cruel blow for you. I am so sorry.

Please don`t give up on yourself. I know how hard you worked to give your mother the best you could. I sincerely wish you the strength to be able to do the same for yourself.

I hope it will help you to post on TP. Please continue to do so. You earned a lot of respect when caring for your mother and gained a lot of friends. I do hope you will feel supported by us now and for as long as you need us.

How long will you have to wait for your scan? Do you know?

Love xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Hazel. I'm so sorry to read about this cruel news. The broken scanner must just be adding to your dismay. As Sylvia says keep posting here. You know you will receive all the positive vibes possible from your friends on TP. Thinking of you. x

Ko Ko

Aug 26, 2012
Be Strone

What a cruel blow for you. I am so sorry.

Please don`t give up on yourself. I know how hard you worked to give your mother the best you could. I sincerely wish you the strength to be able to do the same for yourself.

I hope it will help you to post on TP. Please continue to do so. You earned a lot of respect when caring for your mother and gained a lot of friends. I do hope you will feel supported by us now and for as long as you need us.

How long will you have to wait for your scan? Do you know?

Love xx

My thoughts are with you but dont give up i have 2 friends that have had lung cancer and been succesfully treated you have had a dreadful time but there is alot that they can do. I can sympathise with your doctors my partner went through somthing similar it took 4 years to get a diagnosis on one of there conditions one doctor even told them they were a hypocondrac it just beggars belief. Stay strong we are here for you . Ko Ko

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
Dear Hazel,

I am so sorry you are now having to face this - life can be so cruel at times.

But please don't give up, there's much that can be done and I know of someone who had surgery five years ago and is still alive and well.
I hope you don't have to wait too long for your scan and that there will be no more hiccups from now on.
Keep posting and let us know how things go.

Thinking of you xx

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Oh Hazel, life can deal us such hefty blows when we're least expecting it. I know how difficult it is to find your strength when you feel so low. I'm sending truck loads of strength and hugs to you.

I do believe that things happen for a reason which we may or may not see at the time and that great learning about ourselves emerge from hard times. I will hold you in my heart as you travel this scary road. xx

jansl

Jan 5, 2013
Berkshire
KNOW that you are being supported

Stay STRONG today Hazel as you did for your Mum ... remember she is with you.

Sending you hugs, good vibes and positive thoughts (((((x)))))

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
I'm so sorry you have this to cope with Hazel. I hope your scans will soon be possible. Thinking of you xx

Lin x

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am so sorry to hear this latest bitter blow.

Hazel, please don't give up - you are worth every moment of the fight. Draw on the support here and from your family and friends and keep strong. I hope that the scanner problems are resolved soon. The worst part is being in limbo - once you know the full picture you will be much better placed to plan how you are going to handle things.

I know it's hard, but stay determined to win through - we are all rooting for you.

airborn

Aug 10, 2012
Sending lots of positive vibes, Hazel. Hope you have the scan as soon as possible - it's always the waiting that's hard. Stay strong!!

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
So sorry to hear your new Hazel, especially after the difficult time you had with your mum.

I too have a friend who was diagnosed with lung cancer and operated on and is now fighting fit. I think the sooner you have your scan the better so at least it is one less thing to stress about.

Thinking of you.

Love

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Positive vibes on their way

So sorry you have another massive hurdle to overcome Hazel. Life can be so unfair:(

I'm sure all your friends here on TP will be mustering all the positive vibes they can & they are winging their way to you.

Please let us know how you are getting on.

Here for you at anytime,

Love & prayers
Mo
x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Hazel,

I am really pleased that you felt able to tell us on TP as I know how much you were respected when caring all that time for your mum under the most difficult circumstances. I can't believe a year has passed already since your mum departed this life here.

If you are unsure how long the scanner will be broken, perhaps you could ring your new GP and tell him/her how worried you are.

I suppose we are in similar situations really in that we are both waiting for something in order to be clear about a treatment regime.

I wish you peace and strength as you wait and will hope that you get that scan very soon.

Love

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
Hazel, I can't add anything to the posts above - but just wanted to offer support. I hope your GP can arrange for you to be seen elsewhere if the scanner repair/replacement is delayed. Of course your nerves are shredded - that's understandable. Does the GP know that you are/have been a carer? There is a lot of talk about carers needing regular health checks and fast-track healthcare. If you've switched GPs because the other was less than sympathetic, I would consider telling your new GP. It might give them a reason to push for you to be seen sooner rather than later. And I've often found that it's a mistake to assume these details are in your notes - or have been read. Good luck.

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Thank you so very much each and everyone of you. I hesitated before posting about my own health problems but do you know what? I am so glad I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TP gave me a life support whilst travelling the Dementia journey with Mum.

I feel I am being given another one to carry me through my next big battle.

I am so grateful.

Hazel xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Much Love & Positive Vibes

Hello Hazel , Sending lots of Love & Positive Vibes for today & in the days to come , am sorry the Scanner is broken :( & guess it will be fixed very soon ? Do hope so & you have your Scan very soon

Much Love , Positive Vibes & Strength in the days & weeks to come

Love Grove x x

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Dear Hazel

I am just so sorry that you have this to cope with after all you have been through. I really hope you can get your scan. Loads of positive vibes coming to you.

Hugs

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan